Shadow Defender Update Thread (Current Version 1.4.0.680)

rusman

Verified
Dec 7, 2012
RE: Shadow Defender Update Thread (v1.2.0.346)

shadow defender is a special software and easy to use, very safe for testing software to be installed for use while and have a very effective security. very good for all of us.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: Shadow Defender Update Thread (v1.2.0.346)

very good. as says Umbracorpstein "it's Alive !!! It's Aliiiiive "

updated and installed on Win8 x64 Pro, note that you have to remove the old version if not the installer crashes.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
MRF71 said:
Does it look the same?

Same icon & same interface.Like Umbra said uninstall the previous version and install the new version.

Open the program and enter your old license and your good to go

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Any advantage to the new version over .325 for folks running XP?

I only ask as I've never had an issue on .325 and am somewhat reluctant to mess with a good thing. (Plus it's an app I only use from time to time.)

Thanks.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The only change in in version 1.2.0.355 is it is compatible with SSD

If you dont have an SSD I wouldnt see any reason to update it.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
1258985986Virtual_Box_small.jpg
Shadow Defender 1.2.0.368

Shadow Defender is an easy-to-use security solution (for Windows operating systems) that protects your PC/laptop real environment against malicious activity and unwanted changes. Shadow Defender can run your system in a virtual environment called 'Shadow Mode'. 'Shadow Mode' redirects each system change to a virtual environment with no change to your real environment. If you experience malicious activity and/or unwanted changes, perform a reboot to restore your system back to its original state, as if nothing happened.

With Shadow Defender, you have the flexibility to specify which files and folders are permanently saved to the real environment. This ensures important files and folders are kept after a reboot.

Features:
- Prevent viruses and malware.
- Surf the internet safely and eliminate unwanted traces.
- Protect your privacy.
- Eliminate system downtime and maintenance costs.
- Reboot to restore your system back to its original state.

What's New?
- Add: Encrypt write cache

Download from Official Source HERE

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
McLovin said:
Download from Official Source HERE

I think your link is the 32-bit version as I get a popup "Shadow Defender doesnt support this operation"

Update:

I checked it, the link it is the 32-bit version

The 64-bit version is http://www.shadowdefender.com/download.php?os=64

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh I'm not the only one experiencing the problem before even this member from this link also persist.

I've installed version .376 after testing version .370 on Windows 8 (64bit). Unfortunately it is always the same problem: my machine normally boots in exactly 12 seconds, when I reboot exiting shadow mode it takes forever, 2-3 minutes and sometimes it hangs there requiring a hard restart. I've tried with and without "write cache" always with the same results.
My system:
Laptop Intel Core i7-3635QM CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz 8GB RAM Windows 8 (64bit)

securitykolik

Level 1
Verified
Mar 20, 2013
Hello, Everybody!
I've have been using SD1.1.0.325 so far, because of some security issues. And I've tested SD v2.0.376 on VT https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b98fe2a945d58b30ae77db75d326556c905e7d3c4081c8f4ca92b81297fc900e/analysis/1366111700/ Detection ratio: 0/46 looks pretty good.
I just wonder whether this version is as secure as the former versions?
It is seen that Tony the developer of Shadow Defender is back. I don't know if it's the real Tony. As well he is not active on Shadow Defender Official Forum.
Thanks in advance.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The main news for Shadow Defender was back on the development cycle and its been developed by legal source a couple of years from now.

Caused before older versions which made by unknown are rated to be dangerous.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
securitykolik said:
It is seen that Tony the developer of Shadow Defender is back. I don't know if it's the real Tony. As well he is not active on Shadow Defender Official Forum.
Thanks in advance.

the real forum is here, where Tony participate a bit.

http://shadowdefenderforum.com/index.php

securitykolik

Level 1
Verified
Mar 20, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
the real forum is here, where Tony participate a bit.

http://shadowdefenderforum.com/index.php
Thank you, I've seen the forum before. I hope Tony (Newbie, with one post) :huh: is the real and active devoloper.

@Umbra Corp.
Additionally, thank you for sharing the product update announcements. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
yes, i think it is the real. The mod of the new forum his quite familiar with him.

kamry2009

Mar 21, 2013
umbra what the idea from use this program?

who can i Excludes windows ubdate+ anti virus ubdate + other program update + other file that i dawnload

i think its hard to do all this?

do you use it only for browsing?

if is ? how you Excludes the bookmark+history from it?

and what you got if you use it in browsing ?

is it only to bee safe from cookies?

other questions out side the boox

why do you use sandboxie? i know that armor has sandboxie ? so we do you use sandboxie program?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
kamry2009 said:
umbra what the idea from use this program?

while shadow defender is activated , every change made in the selected partition (system, etc...) is virtualized , means any changes that will occurs (from the creation of a simple file to a malware infection will disappear at the next reboot.

who can i Excludes windows ubdate+ anti virus ubdate + other program update + other file that i dawnload

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-set-up-Shadow-Defender-for-convenience-max-protection

do you use it only for browsing?

if is ? how you Excludes the bookmark+history from it?

and what you got if you use it in browsing ?

is it only to bee safe from cookies?

i use it mainly for testing softwares and malwares; for browsing i use Sandboxie, more convenient; since i don't have to reboot.

why do you use sandboxie? i know that armor has sandboxie ? so we do you use sandboxie program?

no Online Armor has "Runsafer" that is different , Runsafer limit the privilege of applications run in side it , it is a restriction-based sandbox.

Sandboxie is a full virtualization sandbox, everything runned in side it is fully virtualized and works as normal, with the difference that when Sbie is closed, all changes are undone.

i will use this analogy:

- your browser is the outside street
- your system is the bank.
- the antivirus/suite are the security guards.
- the malwares are the robbers

So when the robbers will attack:

- When you use sandboxie, it will make a clone of the street (browser) and isolate the robbers in the street.

if they manage to find the way to the bank:

- when you activate Shadow Defender, it make a perfect clone of the bank and guards.

The robbers will rush to the fake bank (SD), may fight the guards, arrive to the vault (the system core) , stole the money (infection) then leave.

when you reboot, all changes made in the bank are undone, the money will be still there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.