Advanced Plus Security Shadowra PC Configuration 2022

Last updated
Apr 22, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Plus 2023
Voodooshield Pro
Hard Configurator (Firewall - LOLbins - Rules by H-C)
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Firewall router ASUS
NextDNS configured in my router

Windows 11 modded (disable Microsoft Telemetry, Spy)
Periodic malware scanners
1 scan / week with
Malwarebytes Free
KVRT
Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
I participate in malware testing; details below
Browsers and extensions
Firefox x64 : Bitwarden, AdGuard (filter) , Click&Clean
Secure DNS
NextDNS with Spy filtrer, security (disabled on my VM)
Desktop VPN
Mullvad
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
PrivaZer, NZXT CAM, HWDINFO, AIDA64
File and photo backups
Easus Todo Backup
System recovery
Disk storage (USB), Cloud
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Browsing the dark web
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Requesting and accepting remote access
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Saphirre RX6600XT Pulse 8Gb
2x16Go Patriot Viper RGB 3000Mhz
Crucial P1 SSD MVNE 1To
Crucial MX500 480Go
Seagate Firecuda 1To
NZXT Kraken Z63 (280mm)
Notable changes
- 04/22/2022 : Big update in security
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Back to Windows Defender.
Bitdefender I have too much slowdown due to its HTTPS certificate... disappointed....
When I was using Bitdefender last year, I did notice a major slow down on HTTPS traffic couldn't get much more than than 50ish Mbps on any downloads using HTTPS on my 650Mbps connection using a av with no HTTPS scanning eg F-Secure zero issues.

I do think Bitdefender need to optimise there HTTPS scanning as I did test a other AV last year Eset which also dose HTTPS scanning but didn't seem to suffer anywhere near the performance hit on speeds.
 
When I was using Bitdefender last year, I did notice a major slow down on HTTPS traffic couldn't get much more than than 50ish Mbps on any downloads using HTTPS on my 650Mbps connection using a av with no HTTPS scanning eg F-Secure zero issues.

I do think Bitdefender need to optimise there HTTPS scanning as I did test a other AV last year Eset which also dose HTTPS scanning but didn't seem to suffer anywhere near the performance hit on speeds.

I didn't have any problems when downloading, but mostly on HTTPS sites in surf.... (yet on Speedtest I am between 800Mbps and 1Gbps)
 
Hello :)

I just did a big security update on my pc.

I removed Norton. Not that I don't like it, but I couldn't stand its FPs anymore (whether it's files I'm using, or detecting me some software as malware...)

I keep Voodooshield, which is clearly my favorite (and especially considering the duration of the key I was offered xD)

So I tested several security software on VM before choosing the one that would replace Norton.

Bitdefender was good but it puts a certificate that makes me slow down Internet.
Kaspersky, slowdown in game
F-Secure I like, but it's on my family's PCs.

I needed an av that doesn't bother me and above all that I keep a geeky side.
And my choice is GDATA. Why do I choose GDATA?

- It has the performance of Bitdefender and its B engine is constantly evolving.
- Its BEAST is awsome
- GDATA is German, and where I live, we are very friendly with Germany
- I admire @struppigel work in the fight against malware
- It is cheap

I just had a conflict with Gdata Firewall and Voodooshield, my Windows session had trouble starting. But after a downgrade to the AV version, no more problems ! :)
 
Hello :)

I just did a big security update on my pc.

I removed Norton. Not that I don't like it, but I couldn't stand its FPs anymore (whether it's files I'm using, or detecting me some software as malware...)

I keep Voodooshield, which is clearly my favorite (and especially considering the duration of the key I was offered xD)

So I tested several security software on VM before choosing the one that would replace Norton.

Bitdefender was good but it puts a certificate that makes me slow down Internet.
Kaspersky, slowdown in game
F-Secure I like, but it's on my family's PCs.

I needed an av that doesn't bother me and above all that I keep a geeky side.
And my choice is GDATA. Why do I choose GDATA?

- It has the performance of Bitdefender and its B engine is constantly evolving.
- Its BEAST is awsome
- GDATA is German, and where I live, we are very friendly with Germany
- I admire @struppigel work in the fight against malware
- It is cheap

I just had a conflict with Gdata Firewall and Voodooshield, my Windows session had trouble starting. But after a downgrade to the AV version, no more problems ! :)
You know i really like GDATA, i dont use it because i love Bitdefender VPN and GDATA and Bitdefender VPN dont work together.
GDATA VPN is oke, but slow compared to the BD one.

And the parental controls are simply said, lousy from GDATA, can not do anything and no seperate app for the phone or tablet.

@struppigel is GDATA planning to update the Parental Control and the look and feel of GDATA ?

Overall GDATA is a great AV !
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top