Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Just looking for an excuse, we see.Trying Bitdefendeer Free
My mother had her F-Secure license deactivated, so I gave it to her.
And at least I can try Bitdefender![]()
When I was using Bitdefender last year, I did notice a major slow down on HTTPS traffic couldn't get much more than than 50ish Mbps on any downloads using HTTPS on my 650Mbps connection using a av with no HTTPS scanning eg F-Secure zero issues.Back to Windows Defender.
Bitdefender I have too much slowdown due to its HTTPS certificate... disappointed....
When I was using Bitdefender last year, I did notice a major slow down on HTTPS traffic couldn't get much more than than 50ish Mbps on any downloads using HTTPS on my 650Mbps connection using a av with no HTTPS scanning eg F-Secure zero issues.
I do think Bitdefender need to optimise there HTTPS scanning as I did test a other AV last year Eset which also dose HTTPS scanning but didn't seem to suffer anywhere near the performance hit on speeds.
No F-secure?Back to Windows Defender.
Bitdefender I have too much slowdown due to its HTTPS certificate... disappointed....
No F-secure?
I believe VS has anti-exploit capabilities? Am I right? Sorry I was never a user of that program.
Why?Back to Norton 360
Why?
Agree about WD anti ransomware.1. This allows me to observe it a little more
2. I still had an active key, and I don't like to waste(F-Secure is at my mother's, and Defender was annoying me with its anti-ransom protection).
For the Norton false positives, this has been corrected![]()
You know i really like GDATA, i dont use it because i love Bitdefender VPN and GDATA and Bitdefender VPN dont work together.Hello
I just did a big security update on my pc.
I removed Norton. Not that I don't like it, but I couldn't stand its FPs anymore (whether it's files I'm using, or detecting me some software as malware...)
I keep Voodooshield, which is clearly my favorite (and especially considering the duration of the key I was offered xD)
So I tested several security software on VM before choosing the one that would replace Norton.
Bitdefender was good but it puts a certificate that makes me slow down Internet.
Kaspersky, slowdown in game
F-Secure I like, but it's on my family's PCs.
I needed an av that doesn't bother me and above all that I keep a geeky side.
And my choice is GDATA. Why do I choose GDATA?
- It has the performance of Bitdefender and its B engine is constantly evolving.
- Its BEAST is awsome
- GDATA is German, and where I live, we are very friendly with Germany
- I admire @struppigel work in the fight against malware
- It is cheap
I just had a conflict with Gdata Firewall and Voodooshield, my Windows session had trouble starting. But after a downgrade to the AV version, no more problems !![]()
I do not work in product development, so unfortunately I cannot tell you much about that. Even if I knew about plans, I am not sure what is public and what is private information.@struppigel is GDATA planning to update the Parental Control and the look and feel of GDATA ?
Because the interface look never changedI do not work in product development, so unfortunately I cannot tell you much about that. Even if I knew about plans, I am not sure what is public and what is private information.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.