64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Windows Defender with ConfigureDefender
    Software Restriction Policy with Hard_Configurator
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Macrium Reflect does the job just fine...
    Browsers and Extensions
    Chrome
    Edge
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    uBlock Origin w/added filters, Netcraft
    Password Managers
  • LastPass
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    Hard_Configurator, SysHardener, BandiZip, PatchCleaner, autoruns
    Data Backup
    Dropbox
    OneDrive
    GoogleDrive
    Frequency of Data backups
    Always-on Sync
    System Backup
    Macrium Reflect, Timeshift (Ubuntu)
    Frequency of System backups
    Regularly
    D

Deleted member 178

Last edited by a moderator:
    D

Deleted member 178

Safe Mode (Default): While monitoring critical system activity, Defense+ automatically learns the activity of executables and applications certified as 'Safe' by Comodo. It also automatically creates 'Allow' rules these activities, if the checkbox 'Create rules for safe applications' is selected. For non-certified, unknown, applications, you will receive an alert whenever that application attempts to run. Should you choose, you can add that new application to the safe list by choosing 'Treat this application as a Trusted Application' at the alert. This instructs the Defense+ not to generate an alert the next time it runs. If your machine is not new or known to be free of malware and other threats as in 'Clean PC Mode' then 'Safe Mode' is recommended setting for most users - combining the highest levels of security with an easy-to-manage number of Defense+ alerts.
    One thing people shouldn't trust is Comodo's TVL; 1st thing i delete when installing CIS.

shmu26

Level 82
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Was fun while it lasted, but Comodo inexplicably started crashing Chrome again.
    Spent some time on the good old Comodo forum trying to troubleshoot it. Folks there do try to help, it's not their fault the software is buggy.
    Back to NVT ERP. Hey, it works...

shmu26

Level 82
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    I ran the official uninstaller/registry cleaner tool for a couple AVs I had used (Kaspersky and Avira), and I think that might have fixed it. So far, so good.
    Well, the pesky problem came back after a while, but I seem to have solved ALL my Comodo issues by replacing Norton Family with Safe Lagoon, which doesn't do this intrusive thing with Chrome that drives CFW crazy.

shmu26

Level 82
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Uninstalled: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro (degrades system performance on Windows 10)
    Uninstalled: Comodo Firewall (embedded code protection conflicts with certain apps)
    Uninstalled: F-Secure Search in Chrome (too slow)
    Uninstalled: HitmanPro.Alert (drag on system)

Reinstalled: Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 (close to default settings)
    Reinstalled: ReHIPS (mainly for the anti-exe. My productivity apps are not isolated)
    Installed: AppCheck free

Only major tweak is that I put script interpreters, including cmd.exe, into High Restricted category of Kaspersky Application Control. All my apps still run.

shmu26

Level 82
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    hi could you please tell us what apps did CF conflict with and what were the signs of conflicts?
    thank you
    It's nothing I haven't kvetched about before: Norton Family (free standalone app) needs a Chrome extension in order to work properly, and that Chrome extension doesn't do its job when Comodo embedded code protection is enabled. In addition, it prevents Chrome from loading my user profile.

shmu26

Level 82
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    I would love to try it in place of Emsi IS. What do you say?
    For the rest nothing to say. Every great software that you uninstall, you replace it with another excellent program!
    Last time I tried EMSI (probably about a year ago), I got a lot of unnecessary prompts from the BB, and I also heard from people that you can't put Chrome in appcontainer lockdown.
    Maybe those problems are gone now. There is no security soft that is only smiles and no frowns.

erreale

Level 8
    Verified
    Content Creator
    Malware Hunter
    Last time I tried EMSI (probably about a year ago), I got a lot of unnecessary prompts from the BB, and I also heard from people that you can't put Chrome in appcontainer lockdown.
    Maybe those problems are gone now. There is no security soft that is only smiles and no frowns.

Many thanks. I Emsi with Chrome and I've never had problems, but I will verify if Appcontainer is active. I do not remember.