• Total voters

Evjl's Rain

Level 41
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
I noticed:
- firefox only uses less memory than chrome if we open around 10 tabs or more. We usually open fewer tabs and in this case, chrome consumes less CPU and disk
- it has more CPU and disk usage than chrome after they complete loading pages and are in idle for 30s -> this can be the reason why I don't want to use it
- it might be slightly smoother than chrome, not very significant. Loading time is quite similar
- the UI is not as simple and optimized as chrome, especially when we open many tabs
- the text appears not as clear as in chrome, can be fixed by an extension
- the default malware filter is not as good as google chrome, although I heard they use the same google safe browsing API but for some reasons, it's still a bit less effective

Evjl's Rain

Level 41
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Last edited:

Marko :)

Level 14
Verified
I really like new Firefox and I'd like to use it as my primary web browser. I don't even mind higher RAM usage because it works smooth and it is faster than Chrome (at least, in my case). The only thing I miss is website translate in context menu but I guess that can be fixed with extensions. The bad font rendering is huge minus and it's literally the only thing that keeps me on Chrome. :confused:

carsten ibsen

Level 22
Verified
Hello I am not leaving Chrome because of the new Firefox,I had installed new beta versions(for firefox 57)when there was one, so it is not new to me, but I think Mozilla has made a very nice Browser, and I have it installed, and I also use it from time to time.
But my preferred browser is Google Chrome(Pale Moon as nr 2), and it stays that way.;)

Handsome Recluse

Level 19
Verified
I think its enabled in your PC by default, my PC has 4 GB Ram so it was disabled there. You can change settings on Options>General>Performance, untick recommended settings and change content process limit higher if its only set at 1. I changed mine to 7, the maximum available for me, I think more than 7 is available for better PCs.
If you have higher content process limit already, tick back recommended settings
Are you sure something else isn't disabling multi-process?

Handsome Recluse

Level 19
Verified
I read somewhere that multi process is disabled in PCs with less memory. I had to enable it from about:config and toogle a setting because it was greyed out(if thats the word) in options. That was in beta version though, not sure how it is in stable one.
I think it's better to reset multiprocess settings, restart and check about:support because plenty have 4 GB