Advice Request Should I Update My Nvidia Driver to the Latest Version if I Don't Play Games on My Machine?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

lokamoka820

Level 3
Thread author
Mar 1, 2024
You get driver updates with windows update, but the version a bit dated, should I update my Nvidia driver to the latest version if I don't play games on my machine?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Yes, updating your Nvidia driver can still be beneficial even if you're not gaming. It often includes general performance improvements, bug fixes, and compatibility updates for new software.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 78
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
If you look at the latest release notes:
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut. Further support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the launch of Homeworld 3 which supports DLSS Super Resolution.
No need if you don't play games.
3.1.1 Fixed Gaming Bugs > Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT: Resizable BAR profile [4597841]

3.1.2 Fixed General Bugs > N/A
2.5 What’s New in Release 550
> Support for CUDA 12.4.
> Adds support for RTX Video HDR.
> Adds support for the “Auto” setting for RTX Video Super Resolution.
> Adds support for NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency Mode with DirectX 12 titles.
> Adds the latest performance improvements, bug fixes, and driver enhancements.
It looks like any driver version >/= 550 is recommended.

If you don't play games no need for the latest driver, but for the latest performance improvements, bug fixes, and driver enhancements it is wise to stay somewhat up to date.

A

Azazel

If you don't play games no need for the latest driver, but for the latest performance improvements, bug fixes, and driver enhancements it is wise to stay somewhat up to date.
Also, these:
> Adds support for RTX Video HDR.
> Adds support for the “Auto” setting for RTX Video Super Resolution.

lokamoka820

Level 3
Thread author
Mar 1, 2024

I thought that when I get driver updates from windows updates it will be optimized better for my machine, or it is the same as the manufacture website?

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.