Question Should I use Trellix endpoint security or Xcitium open edr?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Files from 73 formats and up to 50 MB are sent to the cloud where they are opened and behaviour is examined. To do that, Check Point uses resistant sandboxes connected to the internet (they do all sorts of things like mimicking user activity as well) and then it uses various engines such as Yara rules on process memory, CADET, Bitdefender, Office Macro engines, CPU-level detection, Intel TDT, IPS and others to produce a verdict.
oh cool. Is it similar to like Kaspersky Sandbox

Reactions: Trident

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
I currently have a trial of Kaspersky EDR but its not setup or anything its just the security product which sucks cause I want Kaspersky Sandbox really badly

• Sad
Reactions: kylprq

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I currently have a trial of Kaspersky EDR but its not setup or anything its just the security product which sucks cause I want Kaspersky Sandbox really badly
What's so special about Kaspersky sandbox that others like Hybrid Analysis or Joe Sandbox lack?

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
No EDR can withstand a determined attacker. Then again no security tool can offer 100% protection. Make regular backups, download them and store hard copies offsite.

If your critical data or work gets encrypted, that way you can recover it with little to no effort. One would be a fool to put all of one's eggs in a single basket.

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
So ye i went back to trellix from xcitium so now i found an unmanged client of symantec endpoint protection and can anyone tell me which is better in terms of protection?

• Applause
Reactions: kylprq

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.