Question Should I use Trellix endpoint security or Xcitium open edr?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
So I have Trellix endpoint security (My friends dad owns an IT company) and I saw Xcitium's Open EDR and i would like to get advice on if I should keep using Trellix or switch to free Xcitium?

Reactions: Dave Russo

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
The worst thing about Xcitium is they provided no password setup for the client during installation.

It was impossible to uninstall it. I understand they want to safeguard against unauthorised removal but you're hosed without being to able to setup a client password during install.

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
So i have been using trellix endpoint protections (ENS) so and it has been getting heavy on my system and there is alot of lacking advanced futures so after 2 years, i have finally switched to Xcitium open EDR since it is MUCH MUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCH lighter than trellix and it has many many zero day features and protection systems included and yes the marketing claims are pretty dumb but the product isnt as bad as it seems. Yes, i understand that most people would disagree with my choice but yeah.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Neither Trellix nor Excitium EDR (specially Open EDR) are anything special. You are right that McAfee ENS is a bit on the heavy side, but you can configure it to be lighter. Its power is in the prevention rules and DAC.

I liked the fact I could set my password on Harmony to make changes on the client. Excitium gave me no clue to how to do it and I had to reset Windows to get rid of it.

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
No theres a tutorial on the website on comodo and it isnt hard to set configuration templates just make a new one with just some protection and set a password and save and cancel the other profile default and make that the default thats what i did but removed useless futures

@Trident srry for going off topic but how to change my profile pic on my account, my background it wont let me change either on my pfp

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I liked the fact I could set my password on Harmony to make changes on the client. Excitium gave me no clue to how to do it and I had to reset Windows to get rid of it.
With Check Point and Xcitium, you are comparing apples and oranges. Or let’s say Balenciaga shoes with Puma 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Feels like identical conparison.

@Xciting to change your profile picture, click on the one you have now and then there is “Edit”.
IMG_1623.jpeg

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
oof sorry for disturbing you bro
You named your profile after the Xcitium EDR you so seem to like and you placed your profile picture accordingly. Why you wanna change now? Did you get disappointed in Xcitium? 😀
Are you getting unXcited with Xcitium?

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
nah i just thought of this name and profile pic not related to xcitium but xcitiums logo is cool

and unless i get a good endpoint protection for free (open edr is free) i dont think there is a valid reason to switch to anything else. Yeah i might turn into an xcitium/comodo fanboy LOL

• Sad
Reactions: kylprq and Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.