Question Should I use Trellix endpoint security or Xcitium open edr?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
So ye i went back to trellix from xcitium so now i found an unmanged client of symantec endpoint protection and can anyone tell me which is better in terms of protection?
SEP definitely. Not even a ground for comparison but to match the prevention rules of Trelix/McAfee, Symantec Adaptive Protection(SAP) is needed as well.

Reactions: [correlate]

kylprq

Level 4
Verified
Jul 26, 2018
So ye i went back to trellix from xcitium so now i found an unmanged client of symantec endpoint protection and can anyone tell me which is better in terms of protection?
if u feel so xcited🎉 why not take a break and rest boring in CS-CFW. I'll bet u gonna find more xciting🍡 stuff than security software🤞

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
SO ye i use trellix and there is unmanaged symantec so like what should i use cuz ik that trellix is good but symantec is good to pls help and yes ik my typing looks weirder than usual im typing really fast rn.

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
Inappropriate Behavior
if u feel so xcited🎉 why not take a break and rest boring in CS-CFW. I'll bet u gonna find more xciting🍡 stuff than security software🤞
shut up dude your the type of people i hate just stop trying to take my name and try to be "funny" nobody is laughing nobody cares so just quit ok? You arent even contributing to this post at all ok?

SEP definitely. Not even a ground for comparison but to match the prevention rules of Trelix/McAfee, Symantec Adaptive Protection(SAP) is needed as well.
U sure? i mean..... how do u get the SAP installed tho i cant pay for it tho lol hopefully its free

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Symantec endpoint displays alerts for the firewall other than that it's just like having Norton 360.
SEP can act as default deny on certain downloads and Norton can display firewall alerts too... but Norton has modules which are beneficial to home users (backup, VPN, password manager) so in this relation it is better than SEP.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
I'm evaluating BitDefender GravityZone. The Control Centre takes awhile to catch up with but everything then is obvious. After I configured and saved my policy options for the client modules and set the policy as the default, everything that should be turned on is on. ;)

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I'm evaluating BitDefender GravityZone. The Control Centre takes awhile to catch up with but everything then is obvious. After I configured and saved my policy options for the client modules and set the policy as the default, everything that should be turned on is on. ;)
Yeah but it depends on whether there are any resellers pushing single licenses. It I can’t buy it, no reason trying it.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah but it depends on whether there are any resellers pushing single licenses. It I can’t buy it, no reason trying it.

I've had to revise my reply about finding a reseller of BD Enterprise products. They have TechGeeks in Australia that provide licences ranging from
Business Security to Business XDR for $4-$6 USD monthly and the annual cost is still affordable at $60-$75 USD. Less than I've seen anywhere else!

BD offers a 30 day free trial so you can evaluate if it suit your needs.

You'll have to likely get an account set up through them to have a BD Business account, whether its BD Business Security or Business XDR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
can anyone access trend micro's endpoint solution?
Yeah, it’s probably the worst I’ve seen in terms of interface and settings and probably the most ineffective as well. Even Webroot for business is better than Trend Micro.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.