Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Upgraded to windows 10 pro to have access to group policy and update defer. Luckily ebay sells really really cheap licenses so i was able to do it.

So i set defer to 15 days for security upgrades and a month for new features.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Upgraded to windows 10 pro to have access to group policy and update defer. Luckily ebay sells really really cheap licenses so i was able to do it.

So i set defer to 15 days for security upgrades and a month for new features.

Bro, you could have been tiny tweak to get that group policy ur home edition i do it few weeks ago , i quess you know that :)

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Bro, you could have been tiny tweak to get that group policy ur home edition i do it few weeks ago , i quess you know that :)
I know you could change the registry in most cases but it's usually more effort and i have to go browse to find the registry. It's not worth my time when they sell this upgrade licenses for $2.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I know you could change the registry in most cases but it's usually more effort and i have to go browse to find the registry. It's not worth my time when they sell this upgrade licenses for $2.
Good deal! Well worth it for Group Policy.

Ebay definitely has some very good deals, also for security softs. I bought KIS for $8, for a year licence, and it turned out to be a 2 year license. LOL. I could have gotten it even cheaper, but I gave preference to a vendor that looked more reliable.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Added: Appguard
Removed: EAM
Lets try this no active engine thing and see if i notice the performance change. Might disable WD also if it uses recourses in a way i don't like.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Added: Adguard desktop(http) & Adguard extension(https)
Removed: Ublock origin

Hate skype and steam ads so back to adguard but this time without https on the desktop application so i don't get mad.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
but there are ready reg. tweaks also for that, 5sec and done
share this reg tweaks with me(・_・ヾits 3rd time I ask you for these tweaks:p
I'm sure you have smth special in your hand miser:p:D
@SHvFl Thnx for sharing your security secrets with us.
Guys, since you are telling everyone what is your config.. if someone like @Umbra decides to hack yours, wouldn't be easy for him ? he knows what you have:p and probably know how to bypass it lol.
I'm not gonna share anything with yours :p:D

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I suppose come Adguard for desktop v6.2 you'll not need its extension, right?

HTTPS filtering: known issues | Adguard Knowledgebase
I do. I want to be able to see the site certificate and not always see the adguard certificate.
share this reg tweaks with me(・_・ヾits 3rd time I ask you for these tweaks:p
I'm sure you have smth special in your hand miser:p:D

@SHvFl Thnx for sharing your security secrets with us.
Guys, since you are telling everyone what is your config.. if someone like @Umbra decides to hack yours, wouldn't be easy for him ? he knows what you have:p and probably know how to bypass it lol.
I'm not gonna share anything with yours :p:D
Lets say someone makes exploits for everything i use and can bypass them, how exactly will he find my computer from the billions of computers online?
Even if he can find me it has no benefit for him to hack me when each of his exploits will be worth many thousands.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.