FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello @SHvFl
My name is FireShootSK and i help you improve your config:
  • OK you don't like UAC but i like saying "UAC can safe your PC"
  • If you want test samples i recommend install Sandboxie and Shadow Defender
  • AdGuard using WOT database. You don't need WOT(only if u want see rating for all sites)
  • Install Https everywhere to your browser
  • Install PrivaZer
Thanks for share your config.
Sayonara ;)

artifice22

Level 2
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Hello
My name is artifice22 and I will be assisting you today,
your config is good but
  • UAC can save your PC just like @FireShootSK said, it's really important.
    You don't want random applications installing malwares without you knowing.

• Have you enable UAC yet? You better, it can save your PC big time.

To turn UAC on or off:
    1. Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button
      4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
      , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.
    2. Do one of the following:
      • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK.
        18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48.jpg
        If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
      • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK.
        18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48.jpg
        If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro does the same thing as UAC and better.
When i want to test stuff i do it in Virtualbox.
Adguard shows ranking when you click their manager when with WOT i can see the color coded at top of the browser.
Https everywhere is probably a good idea. Thanks.
I use mydefrag for defragment on hdd once per month and i must say i don't have issues because OS and programs are on ssd.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I suggest you to install BitDefender 60 virus scanner, which is a very good quick scanner; then you can install also Auslogics Disk Defrag to speed up your PC with the defragmentation.
So, you can install also Collusion extension(it is avalaible also for Firefox), which allows you to know which websistes are tracking you.
Thanks for sharing your config.
;)

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@jamescv7 NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro is same as UAC so Voodoshield. Plus most engines that are useful at Virustotal are already covert by other programs i use as real time or at demand scanners. Thanks for your comments.
@Jo Man 2 of the tools i use already use the Bitdefender engine so it's redundant. About the defragment as i said i use mydefrag but it really doesn't matter cause i defrag only the storage drive, the important things are on ssd. For tracking i use the easyprivacy list but i will check your recommendation to see if it offers something extra. Thanks.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@SHvFl: it looks like you are using rehips and also voodoo. that's interesting. how do you like that setup, and why do you want to run both?

and if you already have rehips which is controlling which apps are allowed internet access, why WFC?

just asking in order to understand.
Good questions. So basically i use VS as an "antivirus" taking advantage of the VT engine and also VAi. I set VS in autopilot so i get the less alert possible so i usually don't see VS and get a decent level of extra protection. Keep in mind atm i use no antivirus.
About WFC i basically use it for easy of use to turn the firewall on and off. I have a network lock for my vpn so when the vpn drops nothing works. So sometimes when i want to connect without vpn i have to close the firewall. I could do it with a script but meh WFC it's fine.

Also just edited first post to reflect actual stuff i use atm.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
How do you like ReHIPS ?
I isolate everything that opens/downloads stuff from the internet. I added a few trusted vendors that i use applications from them so that i have automatic updates. I always use Lockdown mode without the gui. So basically nothing runs that i would not want to run.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.