Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I keep getting this
I suspect an extension might be filtering your HTTPS traffic, can you start Firefox in Safe Mode and see if the issue persists.

1. Click the menu button
    Fx57menu
    , click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled
  2. When the Firefox Safe Mode window appears, click the Start in Safe Mode button.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I suspect an extension might be filtering your HTTPS traffic, can you start Firefox in Safe Mode and see if the issue persists.

1. Click the menu button
    Fx57menu
    , click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled
  2. When the Firefox Safe Mode window appears, click the Start in Safe Mode button.
I do not have any extensions other than Enpass, but I have enabled https-only mode. Is it the cause of the issue? Or is it Bitdefender?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Update:

All PC Security Config threads with no new replies after 16th December have been archived.

Members can start creating their 2021 threads for PC.

Can you add the option to add Windows 10 editions? Like, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Education. It has happened before that someone suggested a user to change something in Group Policy while the user was actually using Windows 10 Home which doesn't have Group Policy by default. Besides that adding editions also makes the config more complete I think.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Possibly. I tried that link and it looks like AdGuard blocked the page in Opera. Edit: also in Edge, no surprise.

View attachment 251887

Don't feel like messing w/AG right now but wanted to support your observations.
AdGuard with optimized filters doesn't block that page for me in Edge... 🤔

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You know what it was on here, Gandalf_The_Grey? The EasyPrivacy block-list. When I unticked that and refreshed that MalwareTips page, the link opened right up in both Edge and Opera. Knew it had to be something.:)
Great find (y)
I use the optimized easy privacy blocklist and I don't have that block
For if you want easy privacy back...
An alternative would be AdGuard Tracking Protection Filter:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.