By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
the new userBanner class looks good but text color isn't good readable... "Verified", "Malware Tester" :unsure:
edit.png

edit.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack Why does MT look so different now, what have you done?
Just kidding, new light theme looks great (y)
Just a small update, I've moved around a few things, I've increased the font size in a few places and some small color changes.
I'm glad that you like the facelift and do let me know if you find any issues.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm missing the side bar on the what's new page.
Now you see only the regular posts and no longer the profile posts.
Profile posts are now only visible on the main page.
I've forgot to add the sidebars there, it's now back on the page. Let me know if you find other things that need a change.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I've forgot to add the sidebars there, it's now back on the page. Let me know if you find other things that need a change.
Thanks @Jack Great work as always... I really like the changes.

I only found some cosmetic things, not particularly important and don't know if you can or will change it, but here they are:
The icons for computer and mobile configuration are now not centered anymore and now it looks like there should be more icons between them.
Schermafbeelding 2020-12-19 191313.jpg
I find the presentation of the subforums a bit messy:
Schermafbeelding 2020-12-19 191843.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I find both this buttons unneeded,

1608606327682.png
Hello @Local Host,
These buttons don't go to the same page, I've changed the icon for the New posts button to make it more clear. The What's New button goes to a more complex page that contains different sections while the New posts button just shows the new posts.

The new thread button should only be visible when we enter a category, and new posts button is pretty much a duplicate,
It's there to make things easier, if you want to start a new thread, you just click on it, an overlay will pop-up that shows all the forums. While for experienced forum users may not be needed for newbies this makes things a lot more easy. :p
The editor menu is also not scalling properly in lower resolutions, this wasn't an issue before
I've done a few changes to fix this, but do let me know if it happens again! Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.