By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hi @Jack, check this out:
Edit: Looks like the comment has been deleted. It was about user Jan Willy's comments being not visible in white theme but visible in dark.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can you add the option to add Windows 10 editions? Like, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Education. It has happened before that someone suggested a user to change something in Group Policy while the user was actually using Windows 10 Home which doesn't have Group Policy by default. Besides that adding editions also makes the config more complete I think.
This was removed due to Microsoft having to many SKUs (editions of Windows). Will take a look to implement them if possible.

ETA: Next week.
Another suggestion: A field for OS hardening details since it's not real-time protection.
Will look into this suggestion.

ETA: Next week.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

It would be awesome if the Alerts for new posts can be optimised for Desktop, as it looks like:
View attachment 251890

while on Mobile it's better:
View attachment 251891

This can be easily fixed if mouse mover isn't needed on Desktop.
@Spawn
Would be nice if that can be changed too.
On desktop it's hard to see new posts while only dark mode fix it.
On mobile the white mode is fine and little bit better then dark.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Was browsing MT and received this notification from AVG

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    261.4 KB · Views: 372
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    39.8 KB · Views: 366

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Your AV parse the code and execute it which end in the blockage and site block.
Not very secure
Probably the opposite, secure. It's parsing the code to check for malicious contents probably and surely nothing is getting executed. The detection is correct.
Anyway, that's another topic and thanks for editing the post.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Good changes in the Computer Security Configuration, but one request:
At the moment there is much confusion / discussion where to put your password manager(app and or extension).
Is it possible to rename VPN apps & settings to Password Manager and VPN?
Or add a field for Password Manager?
Nowadays a good Password Manager is essential to a good security config.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
2 factor authentication apps don't really have a place in the computer config template currently. As not everyone uses 2FA, it's probably not a priority but would be nice to be able to put it somewhere.
Do you mean Authenticator apps used, or whether the Sign-in account is 2FA/Multi protected?

For example: Microsoft ID used to login to Windows.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Do you mean Authenticator apps used, or whether the Sign-in account is 2FA/Multi protected?

Could both be under the same heading? Some use an app, others like me use the 2FA method supplied by the program (like for utility co.) It's the same end, different means.

Edit: Checked my 2021 configuration, already many corrections need to be made due to the various changes to the format.

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Was browsing MT and received this notification from AVG
I'll look into it, but most likely some text/code on that specific page is triggering the detection.
Again something on that page is preventing you from connecting, most likely is AdGuard but it can also be your antivirus.

It would be awesome if the Alerts for new posts can be optimised for Desktop, as it looks like:
View attachment 251890

while on Mobile it's better:
View attachment 251891

This can be easily fixed if mouse mover isn't needed on Desktop.
What's the difference? I cannot figure it out. :p

I've changed the logo to the New Year's. Happy New Year everyone! All the best wishes for 2021!

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Ups i build the comparison screenshot wrong. Better one:
View attachment 252155
Left is desktop and only display the black / unread "dots" at mouse-hover
while at Right (mobile) the "dots" are displayed directly/ always if unread posts exists.
Ok, I've changed it so that the dot is always showing... It's better now?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Authenticator apps used like Authy, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc. Hardware authentication such as Yubico or Titan could also be included in this section.
I would understand if this was for the Mobile security threads, but not for PC security threads. Apps like Google Authenticator are primarily used on Android/iOS, not Windows.Hardware keys are not integral parts of a PC either, instead could be attached to a physical keychain/keyring/safe. If you use the Authy extension, it can be listed under the Browsers and extensions field for PC.

Also, Password managers have been added to Computer Security Configuration. @Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.