By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Same deal for me, Back3. I kind of looked around and several threads like an AVG review and "What were your last 3 purchases" (or something like that) appear to have been deleted for some reason. There were other clues also....

I'm also minus several posts and reactions, possibly because of those thread deletions but hard to say for sure since I didn't really keep track of stuff like that.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@Back3 and @plat1098 , I think I tried to explain this the last time in post #444. But I know now it's not a software forum bug according to what is said and also because the post count for member @Back3 actually has increased. 309 then and today, 331.

Post counts/ post numbers can be and will be changed for many reasons for all members, including staff. Either deleted or even moved posts or threads, direct via staffs interaction or on request because of for example broken links, not working videos, rule breaks or simply according after a specific moderation work schedule etc. Basic ABC cleaning maintenance really. Certain sections counts the numbers, others do not. One example among many is when news posts are moved into the archive sections.

Again! This is not anything unique at all for MT as all forum/sites that shows post counts has the same in one way or the other.

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Sin título.jpg

Why the valid certificate trasnparency information was supplied by the server? Or is something wrong with my pc? I would appreciate an answer. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
View attachment 255896

Why the valid certificate trasnparency information was supplied by the server? Or is something wrong with my pc? I would appreciate an answer. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.
Hello @ESecurity,
No issues here. Can you try another browser or incognito mode and see if the issue persists.

3434.jpg

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello @ESecurity,
No issues here. Can you try another browser or incognito mode and see if the issue persists.

View attachment 255897
In other browsers I have no problems, but the problem occurs in the browser comodo dragon that has an extra validation. Thank you very much for your answer. Best regards.
Sin título.png
Edit 2: in an incognito window I have no problems, I attach an image.
Sin título.jpg

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
In other browsers I have no problems, but the problem occurs in the browser comodo dragon that has an extra validation. Thank you very much for your answer. Best regards.
View attachment 255902
Edit 2: in an incognito window I have no problems, I attach an image.
View attachment 255901
Most likely is one of your extensions that is creating this error. You can try to disabled them one by one and see if it will fix it.

This is how it should look in Comodo Dragon:

245.jpg

Note: It's yellow because we use a standard certificate (like 99% of the sites, really low move from a SSL seller to put a yellow lock just because a site uses a Domain Validated SSL rather than a more expensive certificate) -- More here: Comodo Dragon - SSL Certificates and Secure Connections | Web Browser

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Most likely is one of your extensions that is creating this error. You can try to disabled them one by one and see if it will fix it.

This is how it should look in Comodo Dragon:

View attachment 255903

Note: It's yellow because we use a standard certificate (like 99% of the sites, really low move from a SSL seller to put a yellow lock just because a site uses a Domain Validated SSL rather than a more expensive certificate) -- More here: Comodo Dragon - SSL Certificates and Secure Connections | Web Browser
I uninstalled it I reinstalled it and it works!!!! Thank you very much. Best regards.
Sin título.png

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I was able to reproduce the problem, when the browser is downloaded together with the firewall installer it installs version 75 of comodo dragon, i.e. out of date. I have tried uninstalling again and reinstalling from the firewall installer and then updated the browser and no problems. With the outdated browser it does show that error.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Pictures not opening in imgur?
I posted a few images on my profile and they are not opening anymore
Please advise
Thanks!
Pics/images from imgur normally works just fine and I even checked some of your previous posts. (y)

Seems all Gifs ( .gif ) on imgur opens as .mp4 files so I can guess that is part of the issue. Probably something @Jack can report to the forums software developer.
giphy-120.gif

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Pics/images from imgur normally works just fine and I even checked some of your previous posts. (y)

Seems all Gifs ( .gif ) on imgur opens as .mp4 files so I can guess that is part of the issue. Probably something @Jack can report to the forums software developer.
Speaking about Gifs, why is .gif enable avatars not enable on this site?
My current Avatar has a cool water effect animation which is a Stargate from SG1 series.
If its a site performance issue then no worries but if it was enabled that would be nice.
stargate.gif

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
MT has confirmed that my browser spoofing is working by advising me that my browser is outdated and that I might like to try an alternative one - View attachment 257776
Can I ask why MT links to Chrome please?
I know that it's not the right thread to discuss this, but browser spoofing doesn't add any privacy. At least when it's made by extensions.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I was planning on bringing this issue up earlier but decided against doing so.
After viewing a post I seen today, I decided I should bring attention to this.

Scan logs which users submit on here to get help from those selected few be it malware related or other.
Is it in the best interest of a users privacy to have any registered member on this site to view or access these log files
or is better to restrict these logs to select few who are authorized to help these users?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.