Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Update:

434311.jpg

Let me know if the lag issues continue...

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Sorry, this is still ongoing--Firefox specifically. Edge sandboxed functions pretty well. I made a short clip just now--you can see the green bar still loading on Firefox in the background after I opened Edge from taskbar.

The video is "private" so if you want to see, just click on the link. :)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
It's so inconsistent! Elsewhere in the forum, reactions were registering and able to be changed. But just now, I tried changing your reaction to "Thanks" and it's still loading. This is Firefox. OK, now it changed. Took about 10 seconds to accomplish.

Another clip. I wish this was working as intended. I'll keep using Workspace mode until there's word that the issue is resolved since it's somewhat less frequent there.
:)

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I love the new theme, I just find it in default a bit too big at times as well as font-size (easy fix in user settings). But that is more personal preference and being picky. 🤡 (y)

However, I do still experience a bit of a lag when pressing post-reply sometimes. Not as often any more, fortunately, though the site is at least usable for me now! :D

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I love the new theme, I just find it in default a bit too big at times as well as font-size (easy fix in user settings). But that is more personal preference and being picky. 🤡 (y)

However, I do still experience a bit of a lag when pressing post-reply sometimes. Not as often any more, fortunately, though the site is at least usable for me now! :D
You are using Firefox or another browser? I'll talk again with our hosting provider on Monday to see what we have missed.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
You are using Firefox or another browser? I'll talk again with our hosting provider on Monday to see what we have missed.
I use Firefox, but I have tested it on several devices with Firefox, Brave, Edge and Safari (iPad device) to be sure. As well as to eliminate my DNS (Quad9) I changed it to Cloudflare, Google (public DNS) and my ISP's DNS (Terrible latency…). And I had the same results with those. It doesn't happen as often any more, but when it does, it hangs for like a minute or two at most before posting the message.

Note: all browsers tested were in their default fresh-install configuration, and no settings have been changed.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Not sure if anyone noticed it, I'm seeing very slow loading of css/js and website took 5 mins to refresh, even DNS resolving speed was slow.

Attaching a screenie of network tab from Firefox 94 on Ubuntu 20.04.3.
@Jack Any idea why css,js are taking more than 1 minute to load?

1636376277004.png

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
W
Not sure if anyone noticed it, I'm seeing very slow loading of css/js and website took 5 mins to refresh, even DNS resolving speed was slow.

Attaching a screenie of network tab from Firefox 94 on Ubuntu 20.04.3.
@Jack Any idea why css,js are taking more than 1 minute to load?

View attachment 261818
Which file took the longest to load because on your screenshot the timings aren't showing? Do you consistently get a 17sec loading time?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, I've been hanging around off and on, trying reactions and a few posts and I can honestly say: things have improved alot using Firefox on this site within the past few hours. (y)

It's not 100% instant, but it's def. getting there. Hopefully, it'll be cleared up tomorrow maybe?

Edit: Aggg, just tried to edit this post and got the prolonged loading bar. Still inconsistent.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Well, I've been hanging around off and on, trying reactions and a few posts and I can honestly say: things have improved alot using F
Well, I've been hanging around off and on, trying reactions and a few posts and I can honestly say: things have improved alot using Firefox on this site within the past few hours. (y)

It's not 100% instant, but it's def. getting there. Hopefully, it'll be cleared up tomorrow maybe?

Edit: Aggg, just tried to edit this post and got the prolonged loading bar. Still inconsistent.
I've been monitoring the server all day and everything looks fine now. I do think that this random editing/reactions lag is due to Firefox, more specifically their latest version 94. Could you downgrade to version 93 and see if it still happens?

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
W

Which file took the longest to load because on your screenshot the timings aren't showing? Do you consistently get a 17sec loading time?
Mainly font awesome, jquery cdn + xhr calls failing, tried with DOH on CF and Google. Even quoting a post/reaction via emoji etc takes a long time and timeouts after a minute.

Reactions: harlan4096 and Jack

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Mainly font awesome, jquery cdn + xhr calls failing, tried with DOH on CF and Google. Even quoting a post/reaction via emoji etc takes a long time and timeouts after a minute.
Can you use the site with Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode or with Google Chrome to see if you have issues...
To start Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode, click the menu button
Fx57menu
, click Help, select Troubleshoot Mode… and click Restart in the Restart Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode? dialog.

Reactions: harlan4096

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
This is the error I got when I clicked like on a post.
error.jpg

The connection used to fetch this resource was not secured.

The same post I clicked like again. It worked. When I unliked that post it gave the not secure error.
error2.jpg

Edit
I suspect the https only mode may be the issue. So I disabled it to test if my issues are less now.

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
This is the error I got when I clicked like on a post.
View attachment 261829
The connection used to fetch this resource was not secured.

The same post I clicked like again. It worked. When I unliked that post it gave the not secure error.
View attachment 261830

Edit
I suspect the https only mode may be the issue. So I disabled it to test if my issues are less now.
Try using Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox, with the default settings in Firefox, I only get secure connections.

343.jpg

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I tried with https mode disable and I tried FF troubleshooting mode.
Both didn't solve my issues. Still getting long or delayed responses from clicking like etc.

I just checked my settings in troubleshooting mode and I had https mode off.
Unfortunately even after turning it on and relaunching FF troubleshooting mode and checking https mode is on.

Still having the same issues. Typing this from Edge. :LOL:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.