Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In Windows 10 Creators Update, Smartscreen can now be customised under Windows Defender Security Centre (via Windows Settings).

By default, Smartscreen is set to Warn the user, but you can now increase device security by;
  • Application Reputation can be set to Block
  • Malicious Downloads and Websites can be set to Block (affects Microsoft Edge only)
This option is good for less experienced computers users.

upload_2017-4-6_17-17-30.png

If you haven't already updated to Creators Update, now is the time to do-so. Thanks for reading. :)

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
How did you get this update so soon? Google search has a caption saying the release of this update is April 11th,also do you recommend the warn or block option? Thanks gl

Reactions: SHvFl

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi with this update I see many more processes running ,cortana cannot be disabled at all yet,security center service cannot be disabled

Reactions: SHvFl

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How did you get this update so soon? Google search has a caption saying the release of this update is April 11th,also do you recommend the warn or block option? Thanks gl
Using the Windows 10 Update Assistant tool, see my post #183 in the link above. Everything took less than an hour to check, download and install. April 11th, is the date Windows Update will notify Anniversary Update users.

For Windows 10 Pro users, make sure Defer Updates is not checked, otherwise you will not receive the update on the 11th.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Update looks to be getting better and better. Will wait for the full release date though. :)

EDIT: Anyone else experiencing the issue where WD says it is "on" even with another AV installed? I don't feel the impact WD normally would so it might be a UI/Graphical error. This is on the build before the creators update, was it fixed?

D

Deleted member 178

I might be an idiot but i can't seem access Smartscreen Settings with the creators update installed. :cool::eek:
It is in Windows defender security center (the square icon)

Note that some may find that they can't set SS for Edge to Block , that is normal (or a bug ^^) , you must disable the one in edge , move the one in the center to block , then re-enable SS in edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.