64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Manual Updates - User intervention required
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    VoodooShield 4.68 (Always on & Aggressive)
    NVT OSArmor 1.4.1
    NVT SysHardener 1.5
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Minor changes for Increased security
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Norton Power Eraser
    Emsisoft Emergency Kit
    Zemana Antilogger
    Malwarebytes Premium
    Browsers and Extensions
    Slimjet (latest build) -
    uBlock Origin
    Bitwarden
    Decentraleyes

Iridium (latest build) -
    uBlock Origin
    Decentraleyes
    Windscribe
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Windscribe Pro
    Password Managers
  • Bitwarden
  • Web Search
  • Startpage
  • System Utilities
    Revo Uninstaller
    Data Backup
    USB Drive
    Frequency of Data backups
    Monthly
    System Backup
    None
    Frequency of System backups
    None
    Computer Specifications
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/smoke-pc.88217/

Smoke

Level 4
    Verified
    I could do with getting a backup solution but when I last used one it took up a good chunk of space and my SSD's are already claustrophobic.

Linked my uBlock Origin filters, I use it in Advanced mode with 3rd party scripts/frames disabled globally.

Attachments

DeepWeb

Level 24
    Verified
    Good setup! (y)
    Backups have saved me from a massive headache, bootloops and soft bricks so many times just this week alone! You never know when Microsoft borks an update. They take up space but you can use something like AOMEI Backupper which does incremental backups and only saves the changes since the last backup and with an SSD like you have it's faster to restore a backup than to repair your computer.

harlan4096

Level 63
    Verified
    Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    @Smoke: ESET IS (please specify the version number) well tweaked is enough to protect the system, and probably no need of NVT tools:
    ESET Internet Security (slightly altered Roboman's settings)
    NVT OSArmor
    NVT SysHardener
    Also consider UAC -> Always notify and for "Disk Imaging Backup", Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably, and run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud.

Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

Smoke

Level 4
    Verified
    @Smoke: ESET IS (please specify the version number) well tweaked is enough to protect the system, and probably no need of NVT tools:

Also consider UAC -> Always notify and for "Disk Imaging Backup", Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably, and run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud.

Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:
    I was using just OSArmor and ERP only for quite a long time until I installed ESET earlier today. Both of my laptops need a new AV so trying it out on my PC too and if I like it I'll end up keeping it on here also. Updated ESET info & changed UAC to Always Notify. I'm taking a look at both those backup programs right now but likely won't end up using any until I get a bigger SSD. Other than music I have nothing of importance on my PC. :emoji_thinking:

ticklemefeet

Level 22
    Verified
    You don't need to use your SSD for the image. It is better if you don't anyway. I just saw a 128 gig USB stick for sale yesterday for 9 bucks.
    You want to use either that or another USB hard drive so that after you make your image, you remove the USB. When you create the USB you create it to boot into Marcrium if using that. Then you creat a full image on the USB stick and when your computer gets hit by a bad update or something, you just plug the USB stick in and boot up your computer.

Smoke

Level 4
    Verified
    You don't need to use your SSD for the image. It is better if you don't anyway. I just saw a 128 gig USB stick for sale yesterday for 9 bucks.
    You want to use either that or another USB hard drive so that after you make your image, you remove the USB. When you create the USB you create it to boot into Marcrium if using that. Then you creat a full image on the USB stick and when your computer gets hit by a bad update or something, you just plug the USB stick in and boot up your computer.
    If I see one at 128GB on the Cyber Monday sales going cheap I'll try and pick one up, thanks for the idea. (y)

In the meantime I did my first backup, I copied all my music onto my USB Drive.

Smoke

Level 4
    Verified
    Ditched Brave, in-built adblocker would constantly re-activate itself despite me telling it not to.

- Slimjet is back
    - changed Lastpass to Bitwarden

Reactions: harlan4096

Wraith

Level 13
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    - ESET Internet Security 12

+ VoodooShield
    ESET well configured does not need VoodooShield, ERP or OSArmor. If you can tweak the HIPS and the firewall it becomes a solid product. Syshardener is an excellent utility for locking down the PC. Personally I would add Sandboxie/Shadow Defender to ESET and call it a day(along with a proper backup software of course).

Last edited:
    Reactions: harlan4096