Advice Request [Solved] Kaspersky Application Control prompt instead of blocking automatically

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ZeroStrawberries

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
Hi,

I recently found old projects(C#) that I did when I was in high school, and decided to take a look at them, so I opened them up in Visual Studio, and when I decide to run them, the application gets blocked in the 'Application Control' settings. Is there a way to get Kaspersky to actually prompt the user, since turning off Settings -> General -> Operating Mode -> Perform recommended actions automatically, doesn't do anything.
Everytime I want to run an application developed in VS, I have to go into Application Control, and set it to 'Trusted', for some reason this does not happen in IntelliJ.

Does anyone know how I can get prompts whenever the behavior blocker detects anything?
Thanks.

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Which settings did You have in Application Control for Unknown applications?

If You set UnTrusted or High Restricted for unknown apps, even in Interactive Mode, some rights in those strong restricted groups are set directly to Block/Deny, but They may be changed to Ask User/Prompt to avoid blocking Your compiled apps and lowering prevention moving unknown to Low Restricted group...

But of course this need a bit of research by Your own ;)

Last edited:

ZeroStrawberries

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
Which settings did You have in Application Control for Unknown applications?

If You set UnTrusted or High Restricted for unknown apps, even in Interactive Mode, some rights in those strong restricted groups are set directly to Block/Deny, but They may be changed to Ask User/Prompt to avoid blocking Your compiled apps and lowering prevention moving unknown to Low Restricted group...

But of course this need a bit of research by Your own ;)
I previously had it set to 'Untrusted', but that caused programs that I knew were safe to be blocked automatically. I changed that to 'Low Restricted', in which it doesn't block them anymore. You mentioned that KIS has an interactive mode/ask user on detection, is there a way to activate that? I may continue to tinker with the setttings if I encounter any more issues :)

Attachments

• avpui_KE7e22fSw8.png
    avpui_KE7e22fSw8.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 281

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.