Advice Request Some persective on MBAM along with Kaspersky

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

mkaz

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2018
I had the malwarebytes and Kaspersky Anitivirus setup for while, it ran fine. However, When I installed KIS, version to E, it completely crashed the system. This problem has been mentioned on malwarebytes and kapsersky forums, Issues with Patch E, Cant start Firefox, Malwarebytes, VirtualBox etc. after KIS 20 Version (e) Update [merged] [Closed] | Kaspersky Community,

I had detected to uninstall KIS. Since then, I have been using malwarebyte only. Athis point, I am looking to give kaspersky Security Cloud, a try. I was wondering if anyone has problem with malwarebyte 4 and KSC running together?

mkaz

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2018
Thanks for all inputs, I forgot to mention, I have malwarebytes premium

In this combo, it is better to install 1st Kaspersky, then MBAM, if Premium then You have to disable Ransomware Protection on it because it causes issues with Kaspersky protection modules...
This is a good idea, still kind of hesitance how both will play out, After that update, it caused so much headache to revert it back to normal. It is a joke, Kaspersky has huge list of incompatible software. I wonder why that is the case:sneaky:

I prefer Kaspersky free combo with H C or syshardener and malwarebytes free version only for second opinion scaner.

Honestly, I had that combo, but their change in updates caused problem with secondary anti-malware. Btw is syshardener similar to O&O ShutUp10

those product that use a lot of machine learning and behavioral analysis.You will surely feel some slowdown on your system if you use those two together.
Definitely need some tweaking, so that both are not doing the same thing. There security software are always a resource hog.
If you had to list by resources it took, what would you pick. Is Norton and BitDefender still heavy to use

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This is a good idea, still kind of hesitance how both will play out, After that update, it caused so much headache to revert it back to normal. It is a joke, Kaspersky has huge list of incompatible software. I wonder why that is the case
In fact MBAM is in the incompatible list of Kaspersky, and You will be warned if You try to install K in a system with MBAM, but You can avoid/ignore the warning, with Free version You should not have any issues, the problem is with MBAM Premium which is working lately as a full system antivirus suite, and specially with its ransomware module...

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
If you have KIS, like me, you don't need MBAM because most of the features of MBAM is covered by KIS. In addition, the exploit protection in Windows is also on by default. The only good thing of MBAM in this case is that it has strong PUP protection which can complement KIS

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.