Status
Not open for further replies.

obada321

Thread author
Nov 1, 2012
Hello there

How are you

I have 3 question abou comodo firewall

1 what the best settings for comodo firewall????

2 what the best and the lightst and stronger antivirus can I but with it ????

3 what the best comodo firewall 5 or 6 ?????

thank you

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Visit Comodo for v5.x and v6.x Help/FAQ/Installation/Chiron's Guide (Maximum Security with Minimum Alerts)

I thought you decided you would be using ESET or Baidu or another Free Antivirus (Avast, AVG, Avira, Panda Cloud etc). The most compatible AV solution would be to use Comodo Antivirus, in that case you would be installing Comodo Internet Security instead. Please remember to run only ONE antivirus solution. From standalone usage, Avira Free and Webroot have performed to be the least performance impacting AV software on my PC.

I couldn't find any information regarding V5.x of Comodo Firewall, Antivirus or Internet Security and it's Product Support Cycle.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Regarding for Comodo 5 and 6, go to the latest version as possible.

Why? Because it provides frequent program updates for fixes and improvements as continuously development, more enhanced protection than the older version.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
jamescv7 said:

Why? Because it provides frequent program updates for fixes and improvements as continuously development, more enhanced protection than the older version.

Nonsense.
Im using version 5 and unless there is a windows update or something that cripples it i shall continue using it.
It is far more user friendly than the present v6.
From what i know there is an update on the horizon that gives the interface a summary screen so that should be interesting.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I can't see the screenshot, can you post it here?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Amiga500 said:
jamescv7 said:

Nonsense.
Im using version 5 and unless there is a windows update or something that cripples it i shall continue using it.
It is far more user friendly than the present v6.
From what i know there is an update on the horizon that gives the interface a summary screen so that should be interesting.

Yes we all know that version 5 is better than 6 in terms of usability, but of course the gap effectiveness component differ from latest version a bit due on age development.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but you need to sign in for the complete view of pictures.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thank you James for posting them. Minor differences in the UI.

@Zurchiboy, not everyone has a Comodo account. ;)
Tip: Try viewing the link in Incognito, or a non-logged in account and you'll see.

5k7zc6H.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.