App Review Sophos Endpoint 2024

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Sophos is one of the best-known British publishers of recent years.
Even though they launched the Sophos Home version for home users some time ago, their enterprise version has been growing steadily, adopting many of the same features as the Home version.
Let's see whether Sophos has improved or not...

User interface :
The Sophos Endpoint interface is somewhat similar to that of Sophos Home. The administration console is very complete, which is to be expected.
I decided to configure it to the maximum to see what Sophos really has up its sleeve.
Power consumption is about average, but I notice that the engine is very slow to clean....

Web protection: 10/10
All malicious links have been blocked.

Fake crack : 1/1
Sophos has blocked all malicious installations of the crack.

Malware Pack : Remaining 42 out of 274 threats.
Although Sophos is very fast at analyzing, sample cleaning is horribly slow... When its analysis finishes, Sophos is still processing without giving any information... I hate this kind of strange operation.

In terms of protection, Sophos is lagging behind. True, it has blocked a few attacks, but that's a long way off.
SmokeLoader has taken hold, as has Adwind and other malware (such as AgentTesla, which uses wab.exe ).
Quite disappointed with the result.

Final scan :
Sophos : 0
Autoruns : 1 malicious keys (Vbs script)
NPE : 3
KVRT: 10
Malwarebytes : 1

Final opinion:

Sophos is a publisher that's getting lost for me.
They have some good ideas, but too many inconsistencies and very few improvements in terms of detection and protection against unknown threats.
Even if InterceptX is present, I haven't seen it react much...
I'm disappointed with Sophos, which I still don't recommend.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Sophos is a publisher that's getting lost for me.
And for the tech community as well. Hell, even the TPCSC channel used to praise the early Sophos Free version
I'm disappointed with Sophos, which I still don't recommend.
It went downhill fast after a promising start. Unfortunate indeed.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.