Advice Request Sophos Home Premium?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Sophos Home Premium includes HitmanPro.Alert! . So, what will you get by using Sophos Home Premium is: AV/AM, Anti-Keylogger, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware, Web Protection(includes Parental Control). Although it has no quarantine, from my experience I never encountered FPs. :)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I've been testing Sophos home premium on another machine. It runs very light on the system, I can't remember the exact system usage, but the system I'm trying it out on is very responsive with SHP running and the web guard seems to be very good indeed.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
It feels extremely light on my one machine, great webguard as I mentioned above. The no Quarantine and only having settings in your web panel isn't for me though. Aside from that it's pretty much set and forget unless you get a FP lol.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

A guy I know works at Sophos and gave me a lifetime license code for this. (and a Sandstorm Appliance shipped to me) I dropped it on a test machine and so far so good, It's actually pretty darn strong with HMPA integrated into it. It's web filtration is really effective as well.

I pointed a SIEM to it, and so far so good. Virtually 100% of it's activity is fully encrypted. Updates, Cloud Scans, all fully encrypted. The telemetry appears extremely minimal on it. It 'feels' like an enterprise grade product with the web portal being the method to configure/manage endpoints.

It feels very light on the system as well. This one so far, appears to be a really strong contender.. Someone want to get in the hub for a go for all of us? :unsure:

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
When I installed SHP on family’s PC it took like 10 minutes to update its Virus database which mean the product is not fully cloud and that’s a good news for me. No slowdowns and no infections so far even though the PC is used by “ignorant little click-everywhere dudes”. I might install it on one of my PCs to see how it goes.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
A guy I know works at Sophos and gave me a lifetime license code for this. (and a Sandstorm Appliance shipped to me) I dropped it on a test machine and so far so good, It's actually pretty darn strong with HMPA integrated into it. It's web filtration is really effective as well.

I pointed a SIEM to it, and so far so good. Virtually 100% of it's activity is fully encrypted. Updates, Cloud Scans, all fully encrypted. The telemetry appears extremely minimal on it. It 'feels' like an enterprise grade product with the web portal being the method to configure/manage endpoints.

It feels very light on the system as well. This one so far, appears to be a really strong contender.. Someone want to get in the hub for a go for all of us? :unsure:
I'm really enjoying Sophos Home Premium too. It really is solid, very light on my system and very effective. I know some people hate Sophos, but personally I agree with everything you said above. It's got sigs, cloud, HMP, HMPA. It really is impressive. I've got a 1 year free license for participating in the Beta, but I definitely would pay for this product. I'm just about to install it on my daily driver machine and team it up with VS or CF. Lucky bugger you getting a lifetime license for Sophos Home Premium AND a Sandstorm Appliance.

When I installed SHP on family’s PC it took like 10 minutes to update its Virus database which mean the product is not fully cloud and that’s a good news for me. No slowdowns and no infections so far even though the PC is used by “ignorant little click-everywhere dudes”. I might install it on one of my PCs to see how it goes.
It really is impressive isn't it. The Sophos Android security App is fantastic too.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I'm just about to install it on my daily driver machine and team it up with VS or CF. Lucky bugger you getting a lifetime license for Sophos Home Premium AND a Sandstorm Appliance.

I am also considering this as my daily driver.. Free license for life is a bit hard to ignore.. But also, it's performed well in my testing, feels light, and the HMP+HMPA integration is spot on. I won't need any sort of second opinion on-demand scanner with this since HMP will fill that bill nicely. I won't need anti-exploit boosters, HMPA fills that bill rather well.

I suppose VS would be a great pair because of the VT scanning, right? Is that your thoughts here?

I do wonder how close Sophos are with UK intelligence agencies (GCHQ)

I considered this, but I am seeing very very low telemetry from this. So low, it reminds me of corporate solutions when we test them. For example Trend Micro EP, WF and OfficeScan has WAY less telemetry than their consumer offerings. I'm thinking its the consumer stuff that gets hit and the corporate stuff has kid gloves on for spying/telemetry.

I have around a half dozen free lifetime or extended licenses hanging around so it's not an easy decision of what to use on the daily drivers.

Reactions: ZeroDay
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.