Vitali Ortzi

Level 20
Verified
Lastest Hitman pro alert version has a few mitigations and a new anti-ransomware module that will be delayed to the flagship integrated product
to prevent issues such as false positives
don't worry the 3.8 update will be released in few weeks probably
btw even windows XP Hitman pro alert versions were delayed in order to reduce such inconvenience
note I'm not a representative of Sophos all this is mostly speculation gathered from forums such as Sophos and wilders .
The fact is this information is most likely false!

Digmor Crusher

Level 7
Verified
I don't use either but I believe Hitman Pro Alert is a totally different program from Hitman Pro. Alert provides real time protection while Hitman Pro is just a scanner that provides free scanning and cleaning for 30 days ( I think). If anything is included in the Sophos package it would be Hitman Pro and not Hitman Pro Alert. I could be wrong, a user will chip in I'm sure.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
I don't use either but I believe Hitman Pro Alert is a totally different program from Hitman Pro. Alert provides real time protection while Hitman Pro is just a scanner that provides free scanning and cleaning for 30 days ( I think). If anything is included in the Sophos package it would be Hitman Pro and not Hitman Pro Alert.
Hitmanpro Alert was integrated in Sophos Home Premium version in 2017.
@Aranud87 it has usually been this way - newer versions of HMPA take time to get integrated to the parent (SHP) and not all of them would make it. They cannot either publish SHP and HMPA in sync every time right.