Advice Request Sophos Home : version of Hitman Pro

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Aranud87

Thread author
Dec 28, 2019
Hi,

Sorry for bad english.
Someone know why sophos home premium don't includ the last version of hitman pro alert ?

I have do topic but they don't answer the question : Sophos home : HitmanPro.Alert outdated ? - Community Feedback - Community Chat - Sophos Community

I try support :/ but i know it is "automatic" answer...

Thank you
hitman.png

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Lastest Hitman pro alert version has a few mitigations and a new anti-ransomware module that will be delayed to the flagship integrated product
to prevent issues such as false positives
don't worry the 3.8 update will be released in few weeks probably
btw even windows XP Hitman pro alert versions were delayed in order to reduce such inconvenience
note I'm not a representative of Sophos all this is mostly speculation gathered from forums such as Sophos and wilders .
The fact is this information is most likely false!

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I don't use either but I believe Hitman Pro Alert is a totally different program from Hitman Pro. Alert provides real time protection while Hitman Pro is just a scanner that provides free scanning and cleaning for 30 days ( I think). If anything is included in the Sophos package it would be Hitman Pro and not Hitman Pro Alert. I could be wrong, a user will chip in I'm sure.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I don't use either but I believe Hitman Pro Alert is a totally different program from Hitman Pro. Alert provides real time protection while Hitman Pro is just a scanner that provides free scanning and cleaning for 30 days ( I think). If anything is included in the Sophos package it would be Hitman Pro and not Hitman Pro Alert.
Hitmanpro Alert was integrated in Sophos Home Premium version in 2017.
@Aranud87 it has usually been this way - newer versions of HMPA take time to get integrated to the parent (SHP) and not all of them would make it. They cannot either publish SHP and HMPA in sync every time right.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.