Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Let them beg yours to be a beta tester for them ... You guys begging them:p such losers you are:rolleyes:
they should come here and ask malware tips community to help them..it doesn't matter its AI or next gen security... I think they don't show any respect to yours..Keep begging :p

Reactions: DeepWeb

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Let them beg yours to be a beta tester for them ... You guys begging them:p such losers you are:rolleyes:
they should come here and ask malware tips community to help them..it doesn't matter its AI or next gen security... I think they don't show any respect to yours..Keep begging :p
nobody is begging here, begging would be spamming their support email for an invite... like they actually read this forum, they don't even read the application emails.

Anathor21

Jul 31, 2017
Greetings - new here...

I have been running DA for the last few months... haven't had any confirmed positives yet, had a couple false positives and emailed Spark regarding these and asked about beta community and was sent here (not a bad thread to read up on).

Anyway, just saying "hello" and I'd love to hear back from others doing the beta on such topics as what confirmed positive hits and false positives as well. I'm trying to come up with a clear method of clearing the false positives quickly (i.e. something I can explain to my wife who frankly doesn't care to take much time to investigate - currently telling her to allow it to block all and let me know to investigate...).

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
So still no news of when it'll be officially released?

BTW does DA

1) Scans the file while downloading
2) Scans the file after its being downloaded
3) Scans the file when it's being accessed

Thanks

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
So still no news of when it'll be officially released?

BTW does DA

1) Scans the file while downloading
2) Scans the file after its being downloaded
3) Scans the file when it's being accessed

Thanks

My understanding from my limited beta experience... It seems to scan webpages and there's a noticeable slowdown surfing, so I assume it scans files downloading, but I could be wrong. It does not scan on-demand. I does scan files that are being accessed ie being executed. I have not heard anything new about updated beta other than what I previously reported that a new beta is coming soon (but undefined timeline at least to me). Other beta users are (I think) more knowledgeable. I continue to have it installed and it autostarts when I login as admin, but when I run SUA it does not autostart and lately I have not been using it regularly as it impairs performance somewhat. Right now, DA36 seems more prone than other security layers to false positives, IMO. I like the concept and if and when I get updated beta I'll test it more deeply.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
My understanding from my limited beta experience... It seems to scan webpages and there's a noticeable slowdown surfing, so I assume it scans files downloading, but I could be wrong. It does not scan on-demand. I does scan files that are being accessed ie being executed. I have not heard anything new about updated beta other than what I previously reported that a new beta is coming soon (but undefined timeline at least to me). Other beta users are (I think) more knowledgeable. I continue to have it installed and it autostarts when I login as admin, but when I run SUA it does not autostart and lately I have not been using it regularly as it impairs performance somewhat. Right now, DA36 seems more prone than other security layers to false positives, IMO. I like the concept and if and when I get updated beta I'll test it more deeply.

Actually, you assume it scans file during downloading. Can confirm by downloading a file and see whether DA kicks in during the downloading?

How about auto scanning a file immediately upon downloaded i.e. by default?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Actually, you assume it scans file during downloading. Can confirm by downloading a file and see whether DA kicks in during the downloading?
How about auto scanning a file immediately upon downloaded i.e. by default?

...the way DA works or the way I think it works, if I download a good file, nothing happens. I'd have to intentionally try to download a malware file to see if DA alerts, but other layers on this pc would prevent that. I tried to download eicar the other day for something else, and their website was blocked, I think out at my router level. But you are correct, I'm not 100% sure about DA scanning / analyzing incoming files. Since it scans URLs, I assume it scans files on URLs, but ...???

Reactions: HarborFront

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
...the way DA works or the way I think it works, if I download a good file, nothing happens. I'd have to intentionally try to download a malware file to see if DA alerts, but other layers on this pc would prevent that. I tried to download eicar the other day for something else, and their website was blocked, I think out at my router level. But you are correct, I'm not 100% sure about DA scanning / analyzing incoming files. Since it scans URLs, I assume it scans files on URLs, but ...???
How does DA knows if the file you download is good or bad in the first place without some sort of scanning/checking?

I read some where that DA do not have a scan button so it's not possible to perform a demand scan

However, I'm not sure whether it scans during the downloading of a file, automatic immediate scanning when the file is being downloaded and how about when you accessed a file?

Do you think you can email DA to get some replies? Would appreciate very much.

Thanks

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

@HarborFront Since I have abandoned the product becouse of non-existent staff from DeepArmor, I could post/link here all DeepArmor's User Guide, everything is written there how it works, but I must make sure first with MT staff if it's right to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Screenshot_2017-08-29-12-26-14-150_com.yandex.browser.png

From their Enterprise product description:
File Reputation and Application Control
Like traditional signature-based solutions, DeepArmor filters out known malicious and benign files based on file reputation or application whitelists / blacklists

Multi-Vector Machine Learning
For unknown files (e.g., zero-days, polymorphic), DeepArmor uses an ensemble of machine learning algorithms to extract, analyze and score the characteristics of each file

Natural Language Processing
After a threat is detected, DeepArmor crowdsources threat intelligence data and leverages natural language processing (NLP) to generate in-context descriptions and remediation

Detection and Respond
Finally, DeepArmor blocks threats with kernel-level execution control, and quarantines infected files before they can breach your system
@HarborFront From my usage experience of DA36 Beta (till 2 months back), it only scans files that are being executed. Unknown files about to run are paused, scanned and verified as per the above mentioned procedure and alerted about if needed.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@HarborFront Since I have abandoned the product becouse of non-existent staff from DeepArmor, I could post/link here all DeepArmor's User Guide, everything is written there how it works, but I must make sure first with MT staff if it's right to do.
Thank you. It's ok @Parsh has explained it

Reactions: Parsh

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
How does DA knows if the file you download is good or bad in the first place without some sort of scanning/checking?

I read some where that DA do not have a scan button so it's not possible to perform a demand scan

However, I'm not sure whether it scans during the downloading of a file, automatic immediate scanning when the file is being downloaded and how about when you accessed a file?

Do you think you can email DA to get some replies? Would appreciate very much.

Thanks

my understanding, when you open an exe that is uniknown or that it has not whitelisted, it sends it to cloud where it's analyzed by its Ai, and if Ai thinks it's bad you get an alert with a probability score. this happens relatively fast. There is no scan button on DA36_beta.

EDIT: I see that answers posted before mine, basically agree. :) (I posted before I saw the others)

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Any updates on this software?

Is the development still on going?

If so is it going to be released soon?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Will you let us know when you get it? I am not sure I have the latest version.
Interesting, maybe coming out of beta for the (Home) version soon ?
See now here is where I start paying attention, the best way, or a good way, is to follow Amir Housain on twitter, and check the site now weekly for news.
Very cool, thanks @paulderdash :)

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I got an email today from them:

Mitch Harrison (SparkCognition)

Oct 23, 09:31 -05

The new version will be release in the upcoming weeks. We are still making it perfect for consumers.
I also signed up for the beta (home edition) today. Should get the key in coming next couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.