Spirit's Visible Protection

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
RE: Stranger Security Configuration

Added:kaspersky pure
Removed:Avira internet security 2013

Reason:Avira giving some trouble and slow down although detection is very well but have lost something in version 2013 and that is it easyness

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Good Luck with Kaspersky Pure
As much as I love Kaspersky, The Slowness will kill ya, Pure atleast as its always based off of some old version of Kaspersky but idk about the latest. Corrent me if I'm wrong. But last time I used pure it was based off of the 2010 version of kaspersky and this is when I was using it during the 2012 lineup of Kaspersky back in.....March-May Somewhere in there. :p

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

3link9 said:
Good Luck with Kaspersky Pure
As much as I love Kaspersky, The Slowness will kill ya, Pure atleast as its always based off of some old version of Kaspersky but idk about the latest. Corrent me if I'm wrong. But last time I used pure it was based off of the 2010 version of kaspersky and this is when I was using it during the 2012 lineup of Kaspersky back in.....March-May Somewhere in there. :p

Not much slowndown here with Kp at least (yes kis slow downs a bit)

Kaspersky pure 2.0 use latest kaspersky engine,it was story of earlier version of Pure

Thanks

P

Plexx

Stranger has previously used Kaspersky Pure 2.0 and did not report any slow downs but when I tried on the x64 I felt the slowdowns. In fact the least slowdows was on KAV but then my games suffered due to the decrease on FPS and increase of lag based on the auto updates...

As stranger said, Pure 2.0 has vast improvements versions its previous version.

Stranger: how come you moved out of Avira IS? If memory serves me right, that piece of software was just fine in your system.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Hi Biozfear, I have no complain with Avira Internet Security and I like most about it is its detection rate but with 2013 version it feel some slow down specially with web protection on.

My avira internet security license will expire in a day or two and I have Kaspersky Pure from facebook promo in my bag so I decided to go with KP for now.

I have no slowdown or lag with KP (only sometime ram usage spike up) otherwise fast and smooth pc.

I am not a Gamer and I dont play games online or offline

Thanks

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Update:

Removed:: Kaspersky Pure

Reason:Kaspersky Pure facebook license is blocked in my region.

Added:
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013
Keriver 1 click store free

Personal Experience after install both software

Added the both software on last week and all I can say that both is excellent product.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013: Its not as bloated which it said to be,its much more effective then Kaspersky pure and yes light too.

Kerviver Free: Installed because windows default backup not able to do this task for me,its a good software which is free too

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Removed:Kis 2013
Added:BTS 2013

Reason:Won 1 year license of Bitdefender and want to give it a try on my pc and its running now on 30 days trial.

Thanks

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

madyrocksin said:
Stranger said:

Hows it ???

Very good and free.
Can create many images on same disc and easily restore
Full featured best free backup program.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012

Stranger said:
madyrocksin said:
Stranger said:

Hows it ???

Very good and free.
Can create many images on same disc and easily restore
Full featured best free backup program.
How is the speed ??
the recovery console backup option is something similar to ATI's F11 recovery ???

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

How is the speed ??
the recovery console backup option is something similar to ATI's F11 recovery ???
Yes and you can choose a snapshot on which you want to restore your system, for eg:

You can make 1st image of clean os and windows update then you can create another image of your system which have all software you download and installed on your main system and now if you want test or check trial of av you can install trial on it and if you like you can go with it and if you want new av then you can get back your system by restoring image in few minutes.

The speed is not that excellent but you can manage it,the first backup will take a time then thereafter its a normal speed.

A clean windoows 7 with updates is around 13-14 gb which took 10 minutes in first time then after i installed software and av and it become 25 gb and the backup took approx 12 minutes to make a full new image of 25 gb.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012

Stranger said:
How is the speed ??
Yes and you can choose a snapshot on which you want to restore your system, for eg:

You can make 1st image of clean os and windows update then you can create another image of your system which have all software you download and installed on your main system and now if you want test or check trial of av you can install trial on it and if you like you can go with it and if you want new av then you can get back your system by restoring image in few minutes.

The speed is not that excellent but you can manage it,the first backup will take a time then thereafter its a normal speed.

A clean windoows 7 with updates is around 13-14 gb which took 10 minutes in first time then after i installed software and av and it become 25 gb and the backup took approx 12 minutes to make a full new image of 25 gb.

Thanks will give it a try :D

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Share your experience when you install and use it :)

========================================================

Bitdefender giving lot of troubles I think its time to remove and choose anything else.

P

Plexx

Stranger said:

Only problem with restoring backups unless you constantly have simply an AV and Windows 7 fully updated, it will take quite some time to restore and back up.

I have tried and the first issue I did not like was the boot menu since it uses GRUB4DOS.

I much rather have windows 7 backup utility since I can always retrieve any files by mounting the image as a drive. The same can be done via Paragon but not mounting the image. Instead accessing the read only files and copy over.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Biozfear said:
Only problem with restoring backups unless you constantly have simply an AV and Windows 7 fully updated, it will take quite some time to restore and back up.

I have tried and the first issue I did not like was the boot menu since it uses GRUB4DOS.

I much rather have windows 7 backup utility since I can always retrieve any files by mounting the image as a drive. The same can be done via Paragon but not mounting the image. Instead accessing the read only files and copy over.
Right Biozfear, May I know is there any cons of GRUB4DOS(regarding security or system performance)

Can you recommend any other similar softwarewhich can create multi- images

P

Plexx

GRUB4DOS has no security issues or performance but I personally ain't a fan of boot options unless I am dual booting.

Having Boot options when only having 1 system installed is just not practical.

That is my opinion.

Software that creates multi images, you are referring to Incremental/Diferencial backups?

Paragon does it.
Also Paragon has what it is called Backup Capsule:

You can place a backup image to a special secured place on the hard disk called the Backup Capsule that has an independent system layout (e.g. a separate partition) and will stay operable should the active file system be damaged. To avoid an accidental removing or unauthorized access of the backup data, this partition is hidden and thus cannot be mounted in the operating system.

Differential backup to a sector image to only archive changes since the last full sector-based image, thus considerably saving the backup storage space. To restore this kind of backup you will require a full image and one of its differentials.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Changed the OS :p
Will have some fun with Linux

P

Plexx

After Ubuntu, have a look at MintLinux.

Once you are comfortable with Linux, you may then approach Slackware based and Fedora based Distros :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.