SpyShelter 12.1 Beta – Screen Phantom feature

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
For limited time, before releasing a live version of 12.1 update, we release a beta version of SpyShelter 12.1, with new ‘Screen Phantom’ feature. Screen Phantom is an independent module which protects your screen from being captured. It works in a different way than Anti Screenshot Module implemented in SpyShelter, Continue reading "SpyShelter 12.1 Beta – Screen Phantom feature"

The post SpyShelter 12.1 Beta – Screen Phantom feature appeared first on SpyShelter | World's best anti keylogger.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
@Dave Russo
SS is rather standalone app...it has a lot of useful options and possible to enabling features what makes it...as a whole and especialy Firewall version...actualy signature-less suite. I rather don't recomend use it with other security packet.
--------------------------------
New beta version 12.1 works without issues...new "Screen Phantom" feature if enabled block screen capturing or rather allows to see compeltely black screen what is useless for attacker. It could be useful against attack that uses allowed (in rules) processes to capture screen by injected into malicious code.

Last edited:

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
My first observations and mentions about Screen Phantom feature
As regards to "Screen Phantom" feature what I've checked on Win7 - it will block diffrent kind of apps
- 3rd party like e.g. FreeCommander (and perhaps others to do that job) with feature to make screenshot by clicking shortcut
- system app like Snipping Tool (or perhaps 3rd also) that make screenshot pushing command "New" or similar in window menu
- it block also specific keybord button or its combination - "Print Screen", "Fn+Print Screen" what means command directly from devices.
I observe that it's no matter if process
- is allowed in rules to take screenshot
- is added to trusted signers list what can have different effect on SpyShelter on different protection levels
- we have global "automaticaly allow" in list of monitored actions.

James246

Level 1
Verified
Jan 19, 2018
@Dave Russo
SS is rather standalone app...it has a lot of useful options and possible to enabling features what makes it...as a whole and especialy Firewall version...actualy signature-less suite. I rather don't recomend use it with other security packet.
--------------------------------
New beta version 12.1 works without issues...new "Screen Phantom" feature if enabled block screen capturing or rather allows to see compeltely black screen what is useless for attacker. It could be useful against attack that uses allowed (in rules) processes to capture screen by injected into malicious code.

Any idea when it is coming out of beta for formal release

Reactions: Dave Russo

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
@James246
No info about new stable version - last stable (12.0) you can get from download page
And the meantime we have next build BETA 4 for Firewall and Premium to get from blog :)

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Have you used the firewall version and if so does it have many options?
Normally I'm using Firewall version on Win 7 and 8.1, and Premium on XP but actually I've used/tested every version and perhaps every build which was to get from SS page (including Silent and different kinds of Free). FW offers the most of features what I've described in my review in previous year...some of them are obvious and clear ( just tick/untick) but some are to create by user. You can find some useful info here

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
If someone would be interrested...I've made small...partial...test. I've tried to check what and how from behaviour/ action of info-stealer called Racoon will be deteted by SS FW (v. 12.1 b.4) - its description below
Info is published on Wilders (English version)
and on SG forum (Polish)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.