Standalone Comodo Sandbox coming in December

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
As per Comodo Devs, Comodo Standalone Sandbox is going to be released during the end of december.
It will be manual & autosandbox.
I guess many users will like Standalone Comodo manual & autosandbox.

Check out BuketB posts on this page
Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why. - News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS | Page 33

UPDATE - Dev mentioned Comodo Sandbox only. I wonder he meant Standalone Sandbox or upcoming Cloud AV + Sandbox?
I have asked there to confirm & will update here as soon as get the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo Sandbox is the Virtual Kiosk as seen in CIS, or will be something different? Or similar to Comodo Cloud AV, but without the Antivirus?

Slow step to make it easier to use, by dropping the HIPS and Firewall, but a mismatch of products. :p

From basic to complete; Comodo 2016 Product Line (predictions):
  • Comodo Sandbox (standalone)
  • Comodo Cloud Antivirus (standalone)
  • Comodo Internet Security (Premium, Pro, Complete)

Reactions: Andrew999
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Standalone Comodo Sandbox will be Sandbox only i.e Manual & AutoSandbox only.

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To clarify, Comodo Sandbox will not run in full screen / OS-like, as Virtual Kiosk?

"Virtual Kiosk is a sandboxed operating environment inside of which you can run programs and browse the Internet.."
cis_sb_vk1_101512.png

(Source: Comodo Help)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I think Standalone Comodo Sandbox means Virtual Kiosk with AutoSandbox i.e you can enable AutoSandbox - I think this means Realtime Protection.

Reactions: Logethica

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Comodo Sandbox is the Virtual Kiosk as seen in CIS, or will be something different? Or similar to Comodo Cloud AV, but without the Antivirus?

Slow step to make it easier to use, by dropping the HIPS and Firewall, but a mismatch of products. :p

From basic to complete; Comodo 2016 Product Line (predictions):
  • Comodo Sandbox (standalone)
  • Comodo Cloud Antivirus (standalone)
  • Comodo Internet Security (Premium, Pro, Complete)

and what Comodo Firewall is not an independent ???

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
and what Comodo Firewall is not an independent ???
I thought it was obvious? Comodo Firewall and Comodo Antivirus are 2 main components of Comodo Internet Security. And it's not a new product like Comodo Cloud Antivirus and standalone Comodo Sandbox. :rolleyes:

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Hi comodo sandbox When will beta ??December is already almost gone :).

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Before Comodo make another software, how about making a OUTSTANDING UNINSTALL for their Comodo Firewall?
Meaning a Uninstall that work for their software's!:(

Just a thought!With out damaging the PC!

Kind regards,:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.