Started Building My RIG ! Need Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Yes I guess that would be a smarter choice for me. If I add up PSU, cabinet and other minor peripherals the price would reach this level:p:D
You can also buy a gpu with a pentium cpu and upgrade the cpu later. Check the pentium g4400 - 60$

A

Alkajak

Give yourself more breathing room by getting a 4th or 5th gen unlocked. 6th gen + DDR4 + LGA1151 motherboard is going to destroy your budget for a very minimal performance increase (I've heard in some cases, 4th and 5th gen unlocked outperforms the 6th gen too).

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
This is really thankless time for buying a new computer, if you are tight on budget. We are waiting to see what AMD Zen Core, Nvidia Pascal, and Radeon 400 series will have to offer. Intel opened a new era with skylake and all opportunities with processing more with modern lanes, instructions, and HBM introduced by AMD. Pascal, will be at some statements, many times faster than Maxwell and I'm afraid that buying relatively old stuff now will be a part of your regret for no waiting more and be more patient...
You can always go for AMD Athlon x4 860K, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, Radeon r7 370, good 600W PSU and case for ~ 400bucks, but I would wait for a bit longer to see AMD's move with DDR4 support, Zen Core and Radeon 400 series to buy, as it will be more future proof and open for upgrade, than buying 4th generation Intel...
Long story short, AMD was always lighter on the budget and configuration I mentioned above will give you and any average user most things you do everyday +great gaming, but I would wait for a bit longer for AMD and Nvidia make their moves

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
So approximately how long would it take more. And I came to know it's worth waiting, so the current products become a bit cheaper by that time.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Will the i3 processor be sufficient and efficient if I use visualization softwares?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi friends I'm back for the build. Well I have been going through the PC building stuffs and was able to find this build for 25000 INR. So what would you suggest ? Shall I go for it or shall I build another one?
  • i5 4460 3.2GHz-3.4 GHz(4th generation)
  • Corsair psu vs550(550 watts)
  • Motherboard-Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
  • Ram-8GB Kingston Fury x(1600MHZ)
  • Harddisk-1TB WD harddisk
This config entirely is a 2 months old, so a user is selling it as he doesn't need anymore. What would you guys suggest?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I would start digging here -> Digital Storm: Custom Gaming Computers & Gaming PCs (mine was custom built from there)
Investigate there, not for buying, but look to see what hardware they are adding, then go back to
the other stuff and compare so you know the quality of what your thinking of getting. Use it as
a measuring stick so to speak. I hope that made sense.
PeAcE

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I have already set some budget to my build too. I felt the above configuration mentioned was a steal, i do have a build with i5 6500 which was suggested by @BoraMurdar . Since the one I saw was cheap and what the captain suggested was in my budget, I'm just confused to choose the right one.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have already set some budget to my build too. I felt the above configuration mentioned was a steal, i do have a build with i5 6500 which was suggested by @BoraMurdar . Since the one I saw was cheap and what the captain suggested was in my budget, I'm just confused to choose the right one.
Well, the thing about buying used is you don't know the care habits the previous owner had, so be careful. Remember that folks will tell you anything to make a buck so do your homework.
But if it meets your needs then get it, but leave room in your budget for emergency repairs when buying used systems or components.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well, the thing about buying used is you don't know the care habits the previous owner had, so be careful. Remember that folks will tell you anything to make a buck so do your homework.
But if it meets your needs then get it, but leave room in your budget for emergency repairs when buying used systems or components.
True words. I will have to think about it more then.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Finally I have established my plans for the build.

My Components are:

i5-6500
MSI B150M MORTAR
Corsair VS 550
WD 1tb
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series 2133 Mhz
Corsair Carbide 200R
GPU will be added later friends.

What would you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.