Started Building My RIG ! Need Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
NOX Coolbay SX Red Devil 3.0 - 40€ and it's really good. buy 2 more fans and you have a nice and cool case.
Well this cabinet is not available in my region.
Corsair 200R is pretty decent choice, could be found for 55$
NZXT S340 is the best for ~80 bucks
Cooler Master HAF 912 is owned by friend of mine and it's OK case also
Corsair 200R holds a fair price in my region, and is it ok to have a choice within Corsair 100R / NZXT Phantom 240 / Antec GX 300 / CM N200 / CM N300?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well this cabinet is not available in my region.

Corsair 200R holds a fair price in my region, and is it ok to have a choice within Corsair 100R / NZXT Phantom 240 / Antec GX 300 / CM N200 / CM N300?
I would go with Corsair.
Suggestion, pick the other parts first. Let the case fit the parts and not parts fit the case ;)

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
@Purshu_Pro You also have the Cooler Master K380 or Cooler Master K-280. They look really good and they are diferent from most cabinets.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I would go with Corsair.
Suggestion, pick the other parts first. Let the case fit the parts and not parts fit the case ;)
Hmmm I was thinking the opposite, so I think its good to go with the peripherals and hardwares first as you said.

Well I ask it now, which MB and Processor should I choose then?

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
What do you want to do in your computer? Total Budget. Do you plan to upgrade it? If yes how soon?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Budget for MB and CPU?
What do you want to do in your computer? Total Budget. Do you plan to upgrade it? If yes how soon?
I am not clear with the budget thoughts, but I am sure it would be better if I go for an affordable and budget friendly build. Anything you recommend I would see that and share my thoughts over it.
Yes I would like an future up-gradable components! like the processor itself and the ram modules, etc.. I am also planning to sell my current laptop for this build, but as I know laptop might really come in handy for me in future and I may have to opt for a cheap one in that case.
So what would you suggest friends?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
The MB meets my budget!, but would i3 be sufficient for my gaming, programming, coding, media and tech ? I had a plan of going for a cheaper MB with i5 processor, so what would you say?

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
The MB meets my budget!, but would i3 be sufficient for my gaming, programming, coding, media and tech ? I had a plan of going for a cheaper MB with i5 processor, so what would you say?
Unless you are doing real cpu intensive tasks the i3 is more than enough for everything. Most things like gaming and editing videos are gpu intensive. And if needed you can upgrade it to i5 or i7 later without buying a new mobo

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Unless you are doing real cpu intensive tasks the i3 is more than enough for everything. Most things like gaming and editing videos are gpu intensive. And if needed you can upgrade it to i5 or i7 later without buying a new mobo
Well what do u really mean by CPU intensive task? And I do have a plan on investing on a GPU later, but I need a strong processor too, because I would say that this is my trust build which will serve me for all tasks. As you said if I can upgrade my cpu later then will I be able to upgrade after 5 years of this build? I mean will my MB support future gen CPU's?

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Well what do u really mean by CPU intensive task? And I do have a plan on investing on a GPU later, but I need a strong processor too, because I would say that this is my trust build which will serve me for all tasks. As you said if I can upgrade my cpu later then will I be able to upgrade after 5 years of this build? I mean will my MB support future gen CPU's?

It might be slower compressing and extracting archives, heavy multi tasking, streaming games but for the price is the best you can get.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
It might be slower compressing and extracting archives, heavy multi tasking, streaming games but for the price is the best you can get.
So what if want to choose an i5? Would it be a worthy choice?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
OK this could be exhausting :D First of all, Motherboard.
Probably, next to PSU, the most important part for me. Go for Intel 100 chipset. You wont do any overclocking as it would cost you additional CPU cooler, and i5 6600k is too expensive for you I suppose. So H170, B150 or H110. H170 is the best of those three, but some quality mobos could be over 100$ and again I suppose that not fits your budget.
I would go for B150 mobo over H110 because of more ports and B150 support PCI E 3rd generation where h110 doesn't among other, for me important things.

Now CPU
I picked the Intel Core i3-6100 over the AMD FX-6300 because:
  1. The Intel Core i3-4360 (same frequency, but older and lower performance architecture than the Core i3-6100) outperforms the FX-6300 in most games and applications, thanks to its far higher single thread performance, according to AnandTech.
  2. The Core i3-4130 (300MHz slower,two generations behind) outperforms the FX-6350 (+400MHz/100MHz Base/Turbo frequencies) when it comes to gaming performance, according to Xbit Labs.
  3. The Core i3-4130 has a far lower power consumption: 16W less at idle and 105W less at load! Lower power consumption = Lower utility bill, not requiring a more powerful power supply (saving money), less heat and less noise. The i3-6100 power consumption is similar to the Core i3-4130
  4. The Intel LGA1151 platform offers more recent technology, such as PCI-Express 3.0, M.2 slot, DDR4 support and more.
  5. The Intel LGA1151 platform also offers more interesting upgrade options with the more powerful Core i5 and i7 series of CPU. With the AMD AM3+ platform, you’re limited to slightly more powerful FX-83xx CPUs that are no match for Intel’s Core i5/i7 CPUs.
Intel Core i3 6100 is blazing fast processor, and you cannot find some important app that will squeeze it to the point it cannot handle. Of course, for example it would be good all around to buy i5 6500, but again , don't know if it can fit your budget. And i5 would be a better future proof as it has real 4 cores. Remember, in real world scenarios i3 isn't much slower than i5, except CPU intensive tasks, and on some synthetic benchmarks.
Like Dani mentioned, if you get powerful enough GPU, 95% of the tasks like video editing, gaming will be a GPU's job.

One more thing, if you at last want to buy GTX 960, it isn't really a need to go for 4GB model as it isn't a real bang for the buck. Both 2GB and 4GB models are too weak for any gaming or editing above 1080p resolution, but no important difference on 1080p resolutions. GTX 960 2GB model already achieves 98% of everything what 4GB model can do.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@BoraMurdar, wow great theory and thanks for writing it for me. As you have said I would be smart in choosing i3 processor and externally go for an GPU. But the GPU itself costs me 300$ in current market! So can we balance the output by a combo of affordable GPU and i5 ?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
@BoraMurdar, wow great theory and thanks for writing it for me. As you have said I would be smart in choosing i3 processor and externally go for an GPU. But the GPU itself costs me 300$ in current market! So can we balance the output by a combo of affordable GPU and i5 ?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B150M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($77.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 Video Card ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $438.96

The cheapest all around build. Keep in mind that you can get i5 6500 for 15-20bucks more than i5 6400, that is noticeable faster

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
You should always spend more on the gpu than cpu but if you want you can get a i5 6500 and a geforce gtx 950 or a radeon r7 360 instead

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well then for now I will be going for a i5 6500k or i3 and if I make my mind with i5, it would take more time in affording the GPU, but if I choose i3 it might take 3 times less time to afford it.
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B150M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($77.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 Video Card ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $438.96

The cheapest all around build. Keep in mind that you can get i5 6500 for 15-20bucks more than i5 6400, that is noticeable faster
The same build would cost me 650-700$ here in India! for just the 4 components.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.