Started Building My RIG ! Need Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I finally had decided and purchased a monitor which is the BenQ EW2440L . And I have to say I have made a good choice in choosing this VA monitor which includes a lot of features which I hadn't taught about. It also came with a Display Pilot software which installs a driver to my computer in order to monitor and adjust/tweak its display settings. Indeed I got this monitor in a great deal at amazon.in for about Rs 10,000 INR.
Thanks for all your support friends, and sorry for disappointing your suggestions. Indeed without your suggestions I wouldn't have learned so much about Display Monitors:)

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Reactions: Hangtooth
A

Alkajak

Mouse: Long-time Razer user. Switched over to Logitech G502. You will NOT regret this decision.
Keyboard: Long-time Das user (back when Das was good, circa 2012). Switched over to Logitech G710+. The brown switches with the Logitech o-rings are very smooth for typing, I am enjoying the tactility of this keyboard more than the Das I owned previously. The extra macro buttons, I haven't gotten around to using yet, but the volume scroll and mute feature on the keyboard are enough of a bonus for me.

I got my G502 on sale for $55 CAD, regular price $99. G710+ for $99 CAD, regular price $179. Both brand new, on sale, from a retail store through price match.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Mouse: Long-time Razer user. Switched over to Logitech G502. You will NOT regret this decision.
Keyboard: Long-time Das user (back when Das was good, circa 2012). Switched over to Logitech G710+. The brown switches with the Logitech o-rings are very smooth for typing, I am enjoying the tactility of this keyboard more than the Das I owned previously. The extra macro buttons, I haven't gotten around to using yet, but the volume scroll and mute feature on the keyboard are enough of a bonus for me.

I got my G502 on sale for $55 CAD, regular price $99. G710+ for $99 CAD, regular price $179. Both brand new, on sale, from a retail store through price match.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have to say that those are really un-affordable by me. And there is really no necessary for me to own such costly ones. The main thing I am concentration on is the Backlight with good durability. So those aren't mine.;)

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Personally I use: 6Gv2 | SteelSeries

and for a mouse: Kinzu v3 Mouse | SteelSeries

I like the steelseries stuff, it's tough and takes a beating.

I learned to type and composed my first year uni papers on an old manual typewriter, so I still pound keyboards mercilessly.

I really recommend getting a good mechanical keyboard instead of a cheap membrane keyboard if you can find a good deal. they last far longer and you can replace parts =) www.wasdkeyboards.com as an example. I wore out my W key so ordered a replacement instead of having to buy a new keyboard.

Only you can know what kind of mouse and keyboard you most desire. I'd recommend personally trying as many as you can before deciding. There's a lot of different design philosophies.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Monitors: I'd prefer a IPS now, since it has a wider viewing angle (if you watch movies / use your monitor as a TV). If you want gaming, classic TN monitors: cheap, higher frequencies and response times.

TBH I've went in circles on hardware, but Logitech is the best IMO. Damn mouse refuses to die even after 4 years! :p

I love the new keyboard from Razer, it's got laptop style buttons. I'd my eyes on this keyboard for a while: Amazon.com: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Tactile High-Speed Keys - Cherry MX Brown: Computers & Accessories

UPS: APC BX600CI-IN Back-UPS 600 VA, 230V: Amazon.in: Electronics

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hello every one. I have to say that that the monitor I bought was though Brand New and Genuine, It had a problem with the Light Diffuser and it generated itself 3-4 white spots(AKA Cloud Spots). So I returned the monitor and demanded for the refund, they have refunded me the money. Now this makes me continue my quest on searching for a monitor again. This time I have decided to go for a 22 inch, because I felt that 24 inch was very huge for me and hence came up with this decision. So I am again planning to go with the LG one's i.e
LG 23MP47HQ: LED Computer Monitor | LG Electronics IN
if I wanted a little bigger monitor or
LG 22MP56HQ: IPS Computer Monitor | LG India.
What would be your opinion?

A

Alkajak

23 inch is a pretty good middle ground. 21.5 inch is a little too small, in my opinion. I've got a 21.5 inch LG sitting on the floor right now, actually. Personally, if you thought the 24 inch was a little too big, I think 23 inch is a good compromise without accidentally going too small with the 21.5.

Also note, the 21.5 inch model has one major difference aside from the screen size;

It's ugly.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi, I am now a proud owner of LG 22MP56HQ: IPS Computer Monitor | LG India . I have to say that this monitor helped me save some money as well as space on my desk. I am happy for its build and features.
MP56_medium_00.jpg

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
So now as u all know I am looking for a good keyboard. I would like to know whether it would be a wise decision for choosing Mechanical Gaming Keyboard or a Normal Gaming Keyboard with Backlight, or a Wireless Keyboard? Please let me know your suggestion as I have about 60$ to spend for the same. If not what other component I can invest with, shall I go with a cabinet?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I am now seeking for a cabinet for my future machine, can anynone suggest me a 50-80$ cabinet?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Corsair 200R is pretty decent choice, could be found for 55$
NZXT S340 is the best for ~80 bucks
Cooler Master HAF 912 is owned by friend of mine and it's OK case also

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.