Started Building My RIG ! Need Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I would recommend:

ASUS VS228H-P:
  • 21.5″ Widescreen LCD
  • HDMI Input, D-Sub Input, DVI-D Input
  • 1920×1080
  • 5ms Response Time
  • 50,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
  • Automatic Aspect Ratio Adjustment
Or

ASUS VH238H:

• 23″ Widescreen LCD
  • 1920×1080
  • 2ms Response Time
  • 20,000:1 Contrast Ratio
If you want to fork more cash: ASUS PG279Q or ASUS MG279Q

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I would recommend:

ASUS VS228H-P:
  • 21.5″ Widescreen LCD
  • 1920×1080
  • 5ms Response Time
  • 50,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
Or

ASUS VH238H:

• 23″ Widescreen LCD
  • 1920×1080
  • 2ms Response Time
  • 20,000:1 Contrast Ratio
If you want to fork more cash: ASUS PG279Q or ASUS MG279Q
Both are un available in Indian retails.:(. And my budget is too small to afford those at the end.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Both are unavailable in Indian retails.:(. And my budget is too small to afford those at the end.
look at ASUS or BENQ or ACER. DELL is also a decent choice.

on a 22 to 27 inch monitors, you wont notice too big of a difference.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@BoraMurdar and members of malwaretips.com In these 4 monitors give me any one best choice. I don't care about size, but cost wise the 1st LG 22MP56HQ is the cheapest and I have good impression over it and it has some great reviews in all platforms. Even the second one LG 23MP47HQ seems to fit my budget. Some have stated that the BenQ is good for gaming but not for Photo Editing. By your final suggestion help me choose a perfect monitor for my future computing..:)

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Love and devotion to work makes the final product good or bad. Not color richness or response times.
LED TN = better for gaming
IPS = better for photo design/editing

I would go with BenQ GW2470H VA LED :cool:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
@BoraMurdar and members of malwaretips.com In these 4 monitors give me any one best choice. I don't care about size, but cost wise the 1st LG 22MP56HQ is the cheapest and I have good impression over it and it has some great reviews in all platforms. Even the second one LG 23MP47HQ seems to fit my budget. Some have stated that the BenQ is good for gaming but not for Photo Editing. By your final suggestion help me choose a perfect monitor for my future computing..:)

you want gaming or photo editing as a priority? if Gaming, go for one of the Benq's. Otherwise LG.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Based on my calculations I would become a web designer or a programmer in near future, so for web designing I may require display for graphics editing and optimizing contents with pictures on a webpage. When considered to gaming I may play less just to take a break and its because I have to grow my career and not to sit and play games with kids for hours together.;)

Reactions: Hangtooth

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
If you are reading/coding the IPS would be better for that too, wouldn't it? I saw one of the IPS ones you posted had a setting just for reading that was easier on the eyes. Tjhis is the one you posted: LG 22MP56HQ: IPS Computer Monitor | LG India

The reading mode might be just what you are looking for. Not sure if it's all online textbooks and assignments now but that's the way it's all going.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Mean While can any one suggest a good gaming laptop to my friend? From Flipkart.com or Amazon.in or snapdeal.com ?
I have selected these two laptops
ASUS and lenovo so which would tou suggest within these two? @BoraMurdar , @exterminator20 , @Umbra and other members of MT?

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
ASUS ROG is superior to Lenovo in terms of hardware for gaming. Tho bit more expensive.

Other alternatives if you can get in India (shipped from abroad) are MSI and Origin

Getting the Asus you have listed for gaming, despite having a decent GPU, it is not optimal for gaming. Lenovo you listed is far from a gaming system as well.

i5 can be ok for gaming, depending what you game, but if you gonna pay for a gaming laptop, you need to look at actual gaming laptops, not just what the "sellers" say they are for.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
RAM will need to be upgraded eventually. Battery life is a little bit better but forget about doing serious gaming in any of the 2 you listed, unless medium settings are used, low shadows and AA's turned off etc.
He doesn't need ram now, may be in near future;) he might have to consider one like I did for mine.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my view ASUS have strong established performance on their laptop especially in gaming compare to Lenovo since its been widely target for the mainstream users meanwhile Lenovo is something capable on standard needs but not overhaul gaming category.

Of course Alienware from Dell is definitely an exaggerated need for a gamer.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013

Love and devotion to work makes the final product good or bad. Not color richness or response times.
LED TN = better for gaming
IPS = better for photo design/editing

I would go with BenQ GW2470H VA LED :cool:

And Now even the BenQ GW2470H is unavailable. Hmm confused which to choose. Now the only available is the LG's, BenQ GL2460HM(Online), BenQ EW2440L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.