Battle Stay with Emsisoft? Or switch to G-data BitDefender Vipre or something else?

Compare list
G-Data EmsiSoft BitDefender Vypre

CypherZero

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2017
What do you think? Should I renew my EmsiSoft Anti-Malware OR, should I switch to G-data , BitDefender or something else? What do you think is the strongest anti-malware solution right now?

Presently I'm running Emsi-Soft (I like it's light footprint and it's behavior blocker) along with HitmanPro Alert and VoodooShield. But since my EmsiSoft is up for renewal I thought I'd reach out for some "second opinions".

I'm asking for two reasons (MOSTLY #1 below):
  1. While I believe EmsiSoft is very good, I'm wondering here in early 2019 if there's something better?
  2. I saw a couple of reviews on PCMag.com from Feb 2019 & Oct 2018 re: EmsiSoft that got me thinking.

I've used Kaspersky in the past but it's not the direction I want to go right now so ... what else? What do you like better than EmsiSoft and why?

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Rekordlers of who and what type of product is tested, it is always just a snapshot.

Many parameters in a test lead to different results.
When only one or two parameters are changed
the winner may be another manufacturer.
Without making it the real reality again.

The AV manufacturers are almost all in the upper league
we're at the average readings of 96-99. Percentages.

The major AV manufacturers do not have much to do for each other when it comes to the
Detection of malware values .

What you should keep in mind when making a purchase also, how that works
the company with privacy (with your data) .
And it belongs to Emsisoft number one.

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Rekordlers of who and what type of product is tested, it is always just a snapshot.

Many parameters in a test lead to different results.
When only one or two parameters are changed
the winner may be another manufacturer.
Without making it the real reality again.

The AV manufacturers are almost all in the upper league
we're at the average readings of 96-99. Percentages.

The major AV manufacturers do not have much to do for each other when it comes to the
Detection of malware values .

What you should keep in mind when making a purchase also, how that works
the company with privacy (with your data) .
And it belongs to Emsisoft number one.
I think you may be right there !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.