Solved Staying with Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Guys, I'm really confuse right now. I don't know if I will upgrade my pc to Windows 8 or I will just stick with Windows 7. W7 or W8??? :confused:

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
seems people just blame Win8 for its UI without ever go deep inside it; i don't care of the UI, it is what is inside the OS that interest me; and for that Win8 beat Win7 dozen times.

simple comparison exercice with cars:

Win7 is a an old good Ford, you are used to it , it works well , you have the basic seatbelt & airbags, you don't have many issues and if you like tuning, you have plenty of garage with compatible pieces. The only "problem" is that it accelerate a bit slow and uses lot of gasoline.

Now Win8 is the brand new Porsche, it is faster , stronger , use less gasoline , accelerate in a blink of an eye; you have seatbelt, airbags, collision alarm, ABS breaks, reinforced structueres, etc... the only problem is that you don't like its appearance and your old tuning pieces can't work well in this version.

what you choose?
R u saying
win 8 faster? No
win 8 need less resources? No
win 8 more reliable? ?

Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Well said sir.

Installing updates on Windows 8, 98%. After that I will make a backup again. Then upgrade to Windows 8.1. :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Backup almost finished! Downloading Windows 8.1... What do you think is better guys, ESS 30-day free trial or avast free?

Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Touch luck. The windows backup is stuck at 97% for 30 minutes and counting. The first time I run the backup it went well.. Any solutions here?

Upvote 0

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
indeed it is simpler, but i prefer he learn the proper manual procedure to upgrade an OS (even if it is laborious); he is quite nervous of doing it so for him it will be a good learning experience.
..while we 'wait'.
Lord Umbra, 'indeed' you truly are:eek: The Dark Lord whom needs no browser extensions (save LastPass) whose pupils shall rise to rule the known galaxy... er,o_O (ahem) ...I mean to say, surf.:rolleyes: They will safely 'surf' with confidence upon the internet's world wide web!;):p:D

Last edited:
Reactions: King Alpha
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

no need any AV, Win8.1 built-in security is enough.

R u saying
win 8 faster? No
win 8 need less resources? No
win 8 more reliable? ?

win8 is faster , yes it is, unless you have hardware made for XP or vista; just check hybrid boot; this feature own Win7 just by itself.
win8 use less resources, yes it is, no Aero crap fluffy effects. also no need to tweak all services to gain resources.
Win8 more reliable? for me yes, never got sudden BSODs like win7

Win8 is almost fully optimized out of the box, unlike Win7 where i have to spent 45mn to tweak everything to make it faster and more responsive.

i will never go back to win7 even if you pay me !

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
So you're saying that WD and WF is enough? BTW just finished installing Windows 8.1. :) Thanks @Umbra Polaris

Agree.. Windows 8 is very much faster than WIndows 7. But I still think that Windows 7 has the edge. :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

So you're saying that WD and WF is enough?

yes if you just surf safely, don't use dodgy softwares , it is all you need; windows security are implemented at kernel level ; one level deeper than any other security softs. now i don't say that using other security softs is useless but unlike with Win7 , you don't need them anymore.

i personally use some of them because i have to ( i closed-beta test them ) if not i will just stick with what Win8 offers.

BTW just finished installing Windows 8.1. :) Thanks @Umbra Polaris

you are welcome, you see if you do safely step by step , it is not so hard ;)

Agree.. Windows 8 is very much faster than WIndows 7. But I still think that Windows 7 has the edge. :)

most of the people that bash Win8, never really used it or don't have any clue of what an OS should do. They just focus on their "used-to-use- useless-crap-fluffy-designed-toys".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.