stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Thank you.

Your English is better than that of many people here in England.

I've downloaded Shade and need to restart the PC now. I'll see if I can 'activate' it like harlan4096;)
I have good translator ;)

Thank you.

Your English is better than that of many people here in England.

I've downloaded Shade and need to restart the PC now. I'll see if I can 'activate' it like harlan4096;)
I am sure you can activate it

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I had an old version of ESET Online scanner on the PC I am using today, so I thought I'd find out the answer to your question. I ran it and it offered to update to the latest version, I accepted and it downloaded, it ran the update itself, tried to open and has remained like in the screenshot for 5 minutes. I don't know if it was a buggy update file or the fact that I have to restart after the most recent Windows 10 updates were installed earlier today. I'll report back later, I have to go out now.View attachment 238213
ESET Online Scanner 2 - 27.04.20.png

o_O I'm making rather slow progress with ESET Online Scanner. After a system restart and running ESET Online Scanner as an administrator I now have four icons that I didn't have earlier today!

I've seen so many good things said about ESET on MT and have always been impressed by their products previously, I'll put this down to a minor slip-up and try a re-install. The scanner works fine on another PC of mine.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I've downloaded Shade and need to restart the PC now. I'll see if I can 'activate' it like @harlan4096;)
I've run Shade and tried to 'activate' it as @harlan4096 did but with no obvious indication that I was successful. I'll have to join @stefanos in reporting back after 30 days to see if it is anything more than a trial license.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
For a long time now, many people have been asking me how they can have Avira antivirus without bloadware. I had done a guide but to some it seemed complicated. So I searched and found an installer. Υou are running and you get only antivirus Avira . You can find the installer here Ninite - Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once. All you need to do is block with the firewall two URLs for stop the ads completely .
1. (185.123.227.12)
2. (185.123.227.13)
Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I tried to make WD more safe with H C. It is quite difficult for me because it is not in my language. I finally made it and ruined my system.
I am sorry that you had issues. What was the problem? It is very hard to ruin the system by using any H_C settings.:unsure:
Did you try simply to uninstall H_C? This automatically reverts changes to Windows defaults in a few seconds.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I tried to make WD more safe with H C. It is quite difficult for me because it is not in my language. I finally made it and ruined my system. :) After a lot of nerves .. (I was ready to throw the laptop on the wall) Clean installation windows.
Return to the Russian spy KasperskyFree
and return to SysHardener
I messed up with syshardener once, it messed up my printer or something, then reverting to defaults made things worse. Now I keep track of what changes I make just in case :ROFLMAO:. I've had a few forehead slapping clean installs in the last couple years, and even more reimages.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Were you able to use WD @ Max settings with the necessary ASR and CFA exclusions? This is what I've done and together with modified Exploit protection in WSC>Browser and app control I feel quite secure.
The WD makes me deal then settings. It made me tired. Kaspersky one time you set and finish. Very secure. Is very light on my system. And iI also remove the extensions because of good web filter. And syshardener have very easy menu.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I tried to make WD more safe with H C. It is quite difficult for me because it is not in my language. I finally made it and ruined my system. :) After a lot of nerves .. (I was ready to throw the laptop on the wall) Clean installation windows.
Return to the Russian spy KasperskyFree
and return to SysHardener
For reference I laughed only because I’ve messed up my own system (with syshardener in English), and I am a native English speaker. Reminded me of my own mess. 🤪 I wouldn’t dare attempt to use one of these security softs In another language. You are braver than I am.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
For reference I laughed only because I’ve messed up my own system (with syshardener in English), and I am a native English speaker. Reminded me of my own mess. 🤪 I wouldn’t dare attempt to use one of these security softs In another language. You are braver than I am.
A computer technician friend showed it to me. And I have some standard settings that I use. And its menu is very simple. H C has three other programs inside

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
And it appears to have grown more complex with new options.
The new options remove some restrictions, so H_C is more friendly in Recommended Settings. It is possible that @stefanos by accident tried whitelisted something by hash, and due to the bug in the new beta, he had a serious issue with unresponsive GUI.
Anyway, H_C is a complex tool. I will create something much simpler (for semi-advanced users) in some months. Probably something based on the Basic_Recommended profile.

Last edited:

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
The new options remove some restrictions, so H_C is more friendly in Recommended Settings. It is possible that @stefanos by accident tried whitelisted something by hash, and due to the bug in the new beta, he had a serious issue with unresponsive GUI.
Anyway, H_C is a complex tool. I will create something much simpler (for semi-advanced users) in some months. Probably something based on the Basic_Recommended profile.
When you do, make a simpler menu. That way they can use it and they don't speak English. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.