Solved strange problem with EAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Hello,
I've just installed the Emsisoft Anti-Malware + Online Armour on my notebook. My configuration is the following:
RAM: 8GB

AV: emsisoft Anti-Malware AND Eset AV 5.0
FW: emsisoft Online Armour Premium
Software Hardening: EMET (enhanced mitigation experience tookit) from Microsoft

I've tried this configuration over a Virtual Machine and everything was fine. Then I moved on production over my notebook... everything seemed to be fine but I noticed that the file guard was off. When I check the checkbox to turn on the feature but it lasts less than a second on and the again off. I've searched for a log, but I didn't find anywhere.
what could it be? I also tried to temporary disable ESET but with no lucky.

D

Deleted member 178

old issue that comes and goes, try to reboot, then turn it off/on

when you said ESET AV, it is not ESET IS which you just disabled the firewall?

Upvote 0

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I too Had The same configuration below what you need to do is remove both emsisoft and eset configure as below

YES I have See Screen-shots Not all but important ones
1) The settings that i used for ESET and EAM of both exclusion and hips
2) Remember to install EAM before ESET and give it a restart otherwise EAM File guard wont Turn-on if ESET is Installed before EAM
3) Change following EAM settings
* File-guard > only check programs before they are executed
* Alerts > Activate Community based alert reduction and intelligent alert reduction
4)Configure ESET the way you want and disable the following option dont remember exact name but its some ting similar to "Do not allow any user process to start until real-time protection is active"
5) Configure ESET and EAM exclusion as in the screenshot below and Do a Quick scan of both with both of them enabled
6) Remember first restart after EAM and ESET together may take some time than normal

[/quote]

Upvote 0

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
OK, that's my problem. I've installed EAM after ESET...
I've unistalled both, then I followed guide... except the
4)Configure ESET the way you want and disable the following option dont remember exact name but its some ting similar to "Do not allow any user process to start until real-time protection is active"
which I haven't found, everything is perfectly working.
thank you for the exceptional clear explanation

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

nick76 said:
OK, that's my problem. I've installed EAM after ESET...
I've unistalled both, then I followed guide... except the
which I haven't found, everything is perfectly working.
thank you for the exceptional clear explanation

There isn't such option in ESET to those exact words.

what there is:
[attachment=1661]

Upvote 0

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Hi,
after the self update of EAM, the service wont start anymore. due to the fact that EAM must be installed before ESET, could it be that ESET can affect this service? and if it's true, how can avoid it?

thank you very much

Nick

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
If you dont wont to mess up your notebook I would suggest use EAM or ESET. My opinion is use EAM+OAP f/w.
Although EAM is advertised as companion it has rarely worked for me so i use it as an ondemand scanner.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.