Solved Sudden drop-down in system stabillity,speed (Problem Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Hello,this is Payback.

So,after I updated my KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security),suddenly,my system got really slow. I was like "WTF",now it takes 20 minutes to even load up malwaretips.com,I did System Restore,but...it made it worse. Now,it says I don't have permission to access Internet download manager,don't have permission to access other softwares (few,but Firefox works). I uninstalled KIS,MBAM,HMP,tried to download fresh setup files,but it takes now 3-2.7 KB per second...What the hell??? and please,do not tell me to re-install my OS...I lost my legal Windows 7 (also Windows 8) disk (cause of some private issue).

Thank you,any help is appreciated,also...Videos load as usual speed (in 10-12 seconds). Thank you

(As I type this...for my surprise...there is no 'post' button..now need to wait...crap)

Edit : My PC is fine now. Thank you for your help,guys. I requested a Mod to lock this topic down. Thank you again

I

illumination

RE: Sudden drop-down in system stabillity,speed.

Did you check in the Application Rules of Kaspersky to see if anything is being blocked that would cause this issue?

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Did you open task manager and see what is slowing down your system if anything?

Did you reboot your modem and router?

Did you scan your system for malware?

Have you tried booting in safe mode with networking and see if you can scan and access those programs and internet and also scan?

Like detection said uninstall KIS and reinstall with default settings,when you uninstall tick that you want to keep license details and re install with the latest version of KIS 2013

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Not having permission to access some of your software is your first clue to look in the application rules, especially after a update.

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

Hidden processes are the best place to start, as my colleague pointed out above. Utilize Comodo Killswitch.

If restoring you computer to a previous state made it worse, it makes me think of a hardware issue, unless it was simply an anomaly.

How old is your hard drive?

Upvote 0

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013

exterminator20 said:
Did you open task manager and see what is slowing down your system if anything?

Did you reboot your modem and router?

Did you scan your system for malware?

Have you tried booting in safe mode with networking and see if you can scan and access those programs and internet and also scan?

Like detection said uninstall KIS and reinstall with default settings,when you uninstall tick that you want to keep license details and re install with the latest version of KIS 2013

Did you scan your system for Malware? - Yes I did,with TDSS killer,kaspersky,MBAM, but they said system is clean.

Upvote 0

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013

Gnosis said:
Hidden processes are the best place to start, as my colleague pointed out above. Utilize Comodo Killswitch.

If restoring you computer to a previous state made it worse, it makes me think of a hardware issue, unless it was simply an anomaly.

How old is your hard drive?

2-3 years old

Upvote 0

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013

I am at my friend's PC now,I will see if my PC is okay as I go home. Will post result

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Did you disable Kaspersky and see what happens.I mean stop all protection{right click the tray icon & click pause protection > pause until protection resumed by user} and see what happens.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Uninstall KIS with this removal tool -> reboot -> clean the registry with Ccleaner -> go to "Device Manager" -> select "show hidden devices" in the view list (or something similar) -> extend "non-plug and play drivers" line -> remove all "grey" entries of Kaspersky -> reboot -> check how the system goes

Upvote 0

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013

Umbra Corp. said:
Uninstall KIS with this removal tool -> reboot -> clean the registry with Ccleaner -> go to "Device Manager" -> select "show hidden devices" in the view list (or something similar) -> extend "non-plug and play drivers" line -> remove all "grey" entries of Kaspersky -> reboot -> check how the system goes

Yes,I already did it today,and everything went FINE. Thank you for your helps guys.

Requested to this topic to be closed to Earth

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.