Advice Request svchost process is blocking a non-Microsoft-signed binary: fsamsi64.dll

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Zartarra

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Hello all

I am using F-Secure Safe 18.2. In the Security-Mitigrations logs I found many warning with all the same message:

Process '\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\svchost.exe' (PID 2520) was blocked from loading the non-Microsoft-signed binary '\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\SAFE\Ultralight\ulcore\1642777614\fsamsi64.dll'. The PID points to Windows management Instrumentation service.

I found on the F-secure community the following: Win 10 Event Log - fsamsi64.dll - image hash of a file is not valid. On the Avast community I found a similar message (Avast and Security-Mitigations warning events).

I tried to turn off the code integrity for svchost.exe in the Exploit protection setting but that did not resolve the issue.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this issue?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Zartarra

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
I turned off the memory protection but the issue is still there :cry:. I even used the regkey in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios.

Zartarra

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
I tested a bit further. I disabled the exploit protection, still the same issue.

I have a policy enabled to protect svchost.exe. Maybe that can be an issue. I disabled it on a test machine but still the same. Going to search further on an fresh installed VM.

Zartarra

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
I maybe found the issue. I have a policy enabled to enable svchost.exe mitigrations. When I set the policy back to "not configured" and delete manually the regkey, the event is not registered again in the eventviewer.

Policy - Mitigratie svchost.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.