Unlimited Giveaway Symantec Endpoint Unmanaged without time limit

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569
How to get a license
Download unmanaged from the link below [URL='https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569']Symantec Endpoint Protection[/URL]
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569[/URL]
[SPOILER="Unmanaged installation config "][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/K70fFMW[/URL][/SPOILER]
[SPOILER="Firewall and exploit only (for compatibility with other av software )"][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/VLsVFdW[/URL][/SPOILER]

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
so Is it necessary to do the installation like thisView attachment 243031View attachment 243031
No you will lose the AV BB and other security features this way .
This is a firewall,IPS , anti exploit to be compatible with other AV software based Config .
Don't run it on it's own.
Do full install excluding application hardening and javilin networks active directory defense (two last options) to use it as an AV
And the outlook scanner I usually remove as well.

alicCc

Level 1
Verified
Aug 6, 2015
No you will lose the AV BB and other security features this way .
This is a firewall,IPS , anti exploit to be compatible with other AV software .
Don't run it on it's own.
Do full install excluding application hardening and javilin networks active directory defense (two last options).
And the outlook scanner I usually remove as well.
thanks installer now

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah if you don't count the ram usage it is as light as ESET
While being stronger.
I would choose ESET over Symantec only if you're ram limited or experience false positives.
I don't consider the amount of RAM used by an AV as an indicator of how light or heavy it is (of course there's the exception when you are limited by a device with less than 8GB RAM), even then it doesn't use much to be honest. Real test is boot time and application launch speeds.
Annotation 2020-06-20 013829.jpg

Reactions: AtlBo

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I don't consider the amount of RAM used by an AV as an indicator of how light or heavy it is (of course there's the exception when you are limited by a device with less than 8GB RAM), even then it doesn't use much to be honest. Real test is boot time and application launch speeds.
View attachment 243037
It can be lighter then ESET in some workloads actually.
But performance is depended upon so many factors.
Since most of my friends have low ram devices or workloads that require as much as possible
SEP isn't for them .

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Any update? Is this legit according to Broadcom? Is the self-managed client always gonna be free? If so, i may recommend this to some people.
It was legit by Symantec from the posts on the Symantec community.
They said you won't get reputation though (not referring to insight Wich totally works as well as any feature that doesn't require SPEM).
And the new owner Broadcom hasn't responded yet .
Worst case if Broadcom changes their mind just pm me for SPEM SLF .

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
View attachment 243037
What I did recently on a friend device is made exception to all kinds of his engineer tools from Matlab to CAD .
plus selection of only popular formats under auto protect and made other changes as well to reduce IO/CPU usage even further .

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Yes it's going to be free until EOL.
And you most likely will still get signature updates after end of life .
And the EOL is so far there is no current one decided.
Are you really just getting out of the Endpoint Security business altogether?

Absolutely not. Broadcom is very much committed to investing and innovating the Symantec Endpoint Security
solutions. Because Endpoint Security is moving quickly beyond malware, we passionately believe our
customers need to be on the latest most-up-to-date endpoint security to stay better protected. With that in
mind, we’re offering this free upgrade to our customers to ensure they are protected. Symantec will be
investing R&D in three Endpoint Security Solutions:
§ Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP 14.X which provides on-premises management)
§ Symantec Endpoint Security (SES which provides protection for workstations, servers, and mobile
devices with the option of on-premises management or cloud management)
§ Symantec Endpoint Security Complete (SESC that provides everything in SES plus additional
enterprise grade features like EDR, Application Isolation, Application Control and Active Directory
Defense)

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
If anyone has experience an issue where many .dat files have been taking up space at c:\windows\temp .
It's probably because of an incompatible issue where SEP can't get rid of it's own temp files .
And big thanks to sepik for reporting the issue.
Please check whatever you encounter the same issue and report your OS version and what kind of other security software / gateway security hardware you are using on your end .
So far only Thor foresight has been confirmed causing such an issue with SEP .

About using a third party security with SEP I Know I said my SEP firewall / IDS is compatible with most AV software .
But remember you shouldn't combine any firewall / IPS with SEP .
And don't think the full installation would work with a third party AV as I'm referring to a firewall only custom installation config Wich doesn't include an AV module hence it doesn't cause issues with most AV software and has a lower resource footprint as a bonus.

Last edited:

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
@Vitali Ortzi
Thor Foresight is not a firewall nor an AV. Its a separate Heimdal product. I think its(correct if i'm wrong) just a traffic filter(goes thru their server??) based on their blacklisted database.

Kind regards,
-sepik

KIKIN

Level 1
Apr 17, 2020
Hello ! Please::cry: What is the specific link (url) to download this software in english and how to active the license key or serial of this giveaway promotion? ...thank you!

Reactions: bayasdev

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Hello ! Please::cry: What is the specific link (url) to download this software in english and how to active the license key or serial of this giveaway promotion? ...thank you!
About the download issue follow roger m solution below
View attachment 239848

There's a problem with translation where both English and Russian language versions are shown as English. I've marked the English link for the current version.
About licensing the installation file comes with an inbuilt Symantec license file aka SLF file wich this specific one allows unlimited usage of the client side .
The only limitation it has is that it supports the unmanaged client only .
About the management side of things the management server of SEP aka SPEM has a 60 day trial only limit (if you need a license for SPEM PM me I could hook you up ).

The management server allows advanced configuration of some modules such as Application control Wich you can't currently modify directly from the client but the client itself is still very advanced by itself so most people won't mind anyway 😉

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Does this have some kind of cloud protection or it's limited and offers lower protection compared with the consumer version or SES?
The consumer version is run by a different company but still uses similar engine and have access to the same intelligence via an agreement between the two parties.

Oh and SES is pretty much the same product just some features require access to the cloud but a on premise version of most cloud features can be used on premise but require another licensing wich I don't have nor the ova installation image of that appliance.

If you want I can link a feature comparison if you have trouble finding it on Broadcom site.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.