Unlimited Giveaway Symantec Endpoint Unmanaged without time limit

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569
How to get a license
Download unmanaged from the link below [URL='https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569']Symantec Endpoint Protection[/URL]
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569[/URL]
[SPOILER="Unmanaged installation config "][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/K70fFMW[/URL][/SPOILER]
[SPOILER="Firewall and exploit only (for compatibility with other av software )"][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/VLsVFdW[/URL][/SPOILER]

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
does anyone know how to backup settings for later use in SEP Client? i searched everywhere i could and no luck at all. only for managed client through backup. thanks in advance!

Reactions: Nevi and Dave Russo

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
does anyone know how to backup settings for later use in SEP Client? i searched everywhere i could and no luck at all. only for managed client through backup. thanks in advance!
Yes You can export the client only policy from help menu too right
which installation is better standard client ? or embeded client ? or dark network client ? or typical at first option?
Standard if you have internet connection

Dark to manually update the signatures (for local access only network)
Standard Client is unmanaged. That's the one you want. I think, someone can correct me, the others are paid. Unmanaged (standard) is free, no cost.
Exactly!

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
Yes You can export the client only policy from help menu too right

Standard if you have internet connection

Dark to manually update the signatures (for local access only network)

Exactly!
i found the policy exporting feature and i used it. so the policy exporting is settings exporting feature? same thing? i`m asking because i opened the xml file and there were not so many settings in that xml.

Reactions: Dave Russo

KIKIN

Level 1
Apr 17, 2020
View attachment 239848

There's a problem with translation where both English and Russian language versions are shown as English. I've marked the English link for the current version.
Greetings to all ! Please could you provide the direct link to get this program in the English version, because the English version 14.3 is disabled on the official website. Unless I'm confused. Because for me, what RU indicates should be the program in Russian language! thanks.

Reactions: Dave Russo and Nevi

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Greetings to all ! Please could you provide the direct link to get this program in the English version, because the English version 14.3 is disabled on the official website. Unless I'm confused. Because for me, what RU indicates should be the program in Russian language! thanks.
In this case, "RU" means "Release Update," not Russian.
The International English links are for the English language versions.

KIKIN

Level 1
Apr 17, 2020
In this case, "RU" means "Release Update," not Russian.
The International English links are for the English language versions.
Happy day!:) I tried downloading and installing, and everything appears in Russian:confused:. Please, could any member of this community provide the link to download this program in English?:rolleyes: Thank you!

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 89360
F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Download Insight only works by reputation check afaik. If true, files that are flagged as 'more likely malicious' are not necessarily have more malware-like traits. @McMcbrad maybe could give more information on this.
I haven’t tested SEP recently and there might be a change. If it has remained the same, Download Insight requests information from Symantec and calculates an overall safety score of the file, based on
  • When it was first seen
  • Who signed it
  • How many users downloaded the file
  • And other factors that Symantec before has said are “secret sauce”.
    They were saying in the past that they also calculate safety score for every system, based on how many infections are discovered and files on heavily infected systems, are not that trustworthy.

The more you increase the slider in SEP, the higher a file will need to score to remain on the system. This means false positives become more and more likely.

This is related information:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I haven’t tested SEP recently and there might be a change. If it has remained the same, Download Insight requests information from Symantec and calculates an overall safety score of the file, based on
  • When it was first seen
  • Who signed it
  • How many users downloaded the file
  • And other factors that Symantec before has said are “secret sauce”.
    They were saying in the past that they also calculate safety score for every system, based on how many infections are discovered and files on heavily infected systems, are not that trustworthy.

The more you increase the slider in SEP, the higher a file will need to score to remain on the system. This means false positives become more and more likely.

This is related information:
I am using download insight at lvl 8 ( as a default deny alternative). If you are not a person who doesn't installs lot many apps, this setting will not create any issues. Recently I installed cyberpunk gog version (unsigned exe) from a naughty source just to test if it works okay with my rig and sep was okay with the file. ( Oh and I purchased the game from gog later)

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

I am using download insight at lvl 8 ( as a default deny alternative). If you are not a person who doesn't installs lot many apps, this setting will not create any issues. Recently I installed cyberpunk gog version (unsigned exe) from a naughty source just to test if it works okay with my rig and sep was okay with the file. ( Oh and I purchased the game from gog later)
It will be OK for many users who just install a small arsenal of trusted programs, downloaded from their official website. It might be an issue for developers or people who frequently install games/apps from torrents. Improvised installers and cracks might not satisfy the reputation requirements.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
It will be OK for many users who just install a small arsenal of trusted programs, downloaded from their official website. It might be an issue for developers or people who frequently install games/apps from torrents. Improvised installers and cracks might not satisfy the reputation requirements.
If you want to install shady applications then this setting is not for you. you will be better served with Kaspersky i think. They have better tolerability with respect to cracks and mods.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
standalone network threat protection module aka IPS might have issues on latest version anyway you shouldn't upgrade the client
if you want the ips feature furthermore Broadcom made so many issues to the already buggy SEP
for an actual endpoint i cant recommend this av because of stability issues but for home users most are minor
anyway if anyone uses shady software free Kaspersky + sep standalone ips ( network threat protection module) is the way to go

Nagisa

Level 7
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
standalone network threat protection module aka IPS might have issues on latest version anyway you shouldn't upgrade the client
if you want the ips feature furthermore Broadcom made so many issues to the already buggy SEP
for an actual endpoint i cant recommend this av because of stability issues but for home users most are minor
anyway if anyone uses shady software free Kaspersky + sep standalone ips ( network threat protection module) is the way to go
Doesn't kaspersky already include IPS named Network Threat Protection?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.