Unlimited Giveaway Symantec Endpoint Unmanaged without time limit

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569
How to get a license
Download unmanaged from the link below [URL='https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569']Symantec Endpoint Protection[/URL]
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569[/URL]
[SPOILER="Unmanaged installation config "][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/K70fFMW[/URL][/SPOILER]
[SPOILER="Firewall and exploit only (for compatibility with other av software )"][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/VLsVFdW[/URL][/SPOILER]

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
What exactly is a manager?
You can manage your devices aka Clients there, see threat etc reports. i understood it is like sophos home dashboard. but i don,t know if there is any difference in terms of protection if you have manager or not. i think running only SEP without manager will be even better than home consumer norton. Gui seems old but protection wise it is same as enterprise level of protection (ATP)

Last edited:

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
What are the difference between these two?
Sep.JPG

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I have a active Norton consumer subscription, which should I chose?
Is there any difference between their protections?
Haven't tested but from what I heard they should be similar by default anyway Norton should be the choice for consumer protection
The only way to actually get good protection on the endpoint client is configuration of policy unfortunately
That may be difficult for most consumers to do especially with Symantec education section now locked for the public
But there is still public documentation last time I checked

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Haven't tested but from what I heard they should be similar by default anyway Norton should be the choice for consumer protection
The only way to actually get good protection on the endpoint client is configuration of policy unfortunately
That may be difficult for most consumers to do especially with Symantec education section now locked for the public
But there is still public documentation last time I checked
So should I use it as a anti virus, or should I look for other ones as the edu section is closed?

Reactions: Dave Russo

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
So should I use it as a anti virus, or should I look for other ones as the edu section is closed?
It's a tedious process to install and configure management service, it requires either a standalone pc or a virtual one with atleast 2 cores and 4gb of ram. This option is recommended only if you have many computers to monitor in a LAN setup. If you only have a single pc, then the easiest way out is to have defender configured using configure defender or with hardconfigurator. There are lot of YouTube videos on how to configure endpoint manager but the caveat is that you need to invest time in it.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
A newby here, is it safe? i mean downloading from this website, is it an untouched client?
Yes you can check the hash from broadcom site it's untouched and signed
And cmoss.ru is a trusted source so far I never seen an unsigned sep package in that site but I recommend to always check if it's signed anyway as a precaution

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I ran SEP for a couple of months, and it's great. Just be careful when you configure. Make a few adjustments at a time and then see how it works. I went nuts configuring this and that, without knowing what I was doing, and locked myself out of my Internet - twice - until I figured it out. After the two months, maybe three, I took SEP out and went back to Comodo Firewall.

Great firewall in SEP. I think it's based on the old Sygate firewall that Symantec bought years ago. Sygate was way ahead of its time and a truly fantastic firewall.

ak2901

Verified
Nov 22, 2019
I have this configured on 2 machines as standalone client (no Manager) and I've noticed that it does not automatically check for updates (Live update). I have auto-check configured for daily and retry window to every 2 hrs but yet it goes days without auto-updating and eventually I have to click on Live update myself. Does anybody else have this issue?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.