Systweak Antivirus, new AV with Avira signatures

roger_m

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
In my constant search for new software, I just discovered this.new antivirus from Systweak. Systweak is not a trustworthy company and has been linked to tech support scams, but nonetheless I like trying new software, and none of their software is actually malicious. Their other software includes Advanced System Protector, anti-malware software which has major issues with deliberate false positives. This is Systweak's first antivirus, but Innovana Thinklabs, a company that has close ties with Systweak, publishes ITL Total Security, which also uses Avira signatures.

I find it interesting that for the last few years, just about any antivirus published by an untrustworthy company, uses Avira signatures.

Here is an article about their tech support scams. Also if you do a Google search for Systweak tech support scam, you will find lots more information, including YouTube videos.

Here are some screenshots. There is nothing remarkable, but it does include some kind of exploit protection.

SAV1.png

SAV2.png

SAV3.png

SAV4.png

SAV5.png

SAV6.png

SAV7.png

SAV8.png

SAV9.png

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Another scam company with the avira engine, what are they doing over there at Avira?
I also noticed:

"Protection Actions"
Quarantined
Deleted

Thats some nice grammar
Also, FYI, the "System protector" program is one of those indian scam programs with the same UI as all others and a number you can call on the main UI.

Last edited:

sg09

Level 2
Verified
Apr 3, 2019
UI has some similarities with Iobit's.

Btw, Systweak had Advanced System Protector for long time. During mid 2010 when I tested a large number of Antimalwares for on-demand detections against a two sets of old malwares (at Raymond cc forum), Systweak's result was good TBH, better than many full-fledged antivirus which choose to dump signatures of old malware. Regardless, the software was buggy and threw false positives and they were known for spamming.

Phil52

Nov 7, 2020
Id stick with eset bitdefender norton or mcaffe maybe Avast and kaspersky. Those are all legitimate and really work i use eset on my phone. I have kaspersky on my gaming phone. Both are very good

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Maybe for an hour or two.
Yes and that would be an hour or two way too long.

Totally amazing that anyone in this day and age would actually purchase it, never mind the "premium"bloat modules as well ??

Still, all good fun.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: roger_m

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
So this is basically Avira but with a better looking user interface? Can we see some tests of this software?

roger_m

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
So this is basically Avira but with a better looking user interface? Can we see some tests of this software?
The last time I tested it, its detection rate was not quite as good as Avira's. This is the case for most antiviruses which license Avira's signatures, so it's not surprising. Maybe @Shadowra could add it to his list of software to test?

Systweak also publish anti-spyware software called Advanced System Protector, which uses their own signatures and has major issues with false positives.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.