Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
  • Fix Show desktop can't be clicked on the extreme bottom-right pixel #717
  • Add option "Taskbar Segments" -tbsg=1
  • Add -showstartmenu command. Allows user to create custom start button shortcut.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
From the latest update, when the bar centers automatically it goes too much to the left and then takes multiple steps to center.
If the animation is set to none this doesn't happen

Every time TaskbarX starts, I restart it manually or when a new app is opened this happens.
I can partially reproduce this specific issue, but not with all apps. Switched back to version 1.7.4.0 as it feels better and more smooth.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I wasn't aware of it, but it added the ability to change the buttons in the Start menu. I like 田square buttons instead of diagonal ones, so I decided to change it right away.
キャプチャ.PNG
The UI was like a CAPTCHA.✋🥴🤚

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
  • Add support for Notification area for Taskbar segments.
  • Add support for Start button for Taskbar segments.
  • Update TaskScheduler from version 2.9.3 to 2.10.1
  • Disable tray icon for now because it's causing to many issues.
  • Fix Taskschedule Startup Task + User Name With Spaces #894
  • Fix / Add When in taskbar segment mode cannot see or use notification area. #899
Updated on: 11-04-2022 09:49

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Updated from 1.7.6.0 to 1.7.8.0 No problems so far.:)(y)
Maybe it has to do with me using auto hide on the taskbar, but it manage to break or crash almost every single day.

Sure it's easy to get it back, by simply press/click the restart button inside the configurator and after that it seems more stable.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Maybe it has to do with me using auto hide on the taskbar, but it manage to break or crash almost every single day.

Sure it is easy to get it back, by simply press/click the restart button inside the configurator and after that it seems more stable.
My experience with TaskbarXI was even worse than what you have with X. I couldn't get it to run properly after trying to correct all the various, missing dll processes. I just went with TranslucentTB from the Windows Store and it works great. Very simple.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@oldschool ,this one right?

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.