Advice Request Teams help

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi I am looking for someone on here who knows Teams by heart.Whatever I do I either get blocked with the error "no internet access".
I can't even get an account going .
I also get error when installing application in windows 11 with " an error has occurred" or something like that.
I never have had such a problem with any other software like this Teams garbage.
Anyone with ideas please.Thanks

Reactions: Guilhermesene
G

Guilhermesene

Hi I am looking for someone on here who knows Teams by heart.Whatever I do I either get blocked with the error "no internet access".
I can't even get an account going .
I also get error when installing application in windows 11 with " an error has occurred" or something like that.
I never have had such a problem with any other software like this Teams garbage.
Anyone with ideas please.Thanks
Have you tried changing your DNS? It could be that your DNS service is filtering and blocking contact with Microsoft's servers.

Before changing DNS to test, open CMD and type ipconfig /flushdns, then change to another DNS provider like 9.9.9.9 and see if the problem is solved.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Windows 11 and it's integration of it as a default tool/feature, I'm not so sure was the best decision MS made, but I also understand it when they want more users and from what I heard, that works.

Personal I do not consider myself know Teams " by heart ", even if I'm a user of it and also stumble over it's cons from time to time. I do know pleanty of it's issues can simply be solved by either force it's update or re-install it, but that's also on Windows 10. The advice from member @Trooper about test Teams also in a browser is highly recommended as it should at least work there. The developers of Teams created it to be as compatible as possible, and I must say their phone version works great and almost feels better then the desktop version.

I do know @Gandalf_The_Grey also is a Team user and maybe has some good ideas or hints/tips?

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Yeah I did not want to take too deep a dive with it. I use Teams at work and it has its issues. The built-in one with Windows 11 it better than what you need to use for Windows 10. Are you using the integrated one with Windows 11? If so, you can to into Settings>Apps. Do a search for Teams. Once there click on Advanced Options. Scroll down and you could try either a reset or repair.

Reactions: upnorth

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Thanks for all the help I'll look into that today.The browser part is sort of working but I need a phone number to sign in ,when i put that ,phone number already exists or cannot connect.I'll check above info .Thks

Reactions: upnorth and Trooper

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
There are (now) two versions of Teams:
A consumer (light) version included with Windows 11.
A business (full) version that you can download.

For the consumer you can login with your private Microsoft e-mail account.
For the business version you can login with your business or school e-mail account if your business or school works with Teams.
(Both can be used in a browser without using an app)
I have only used those two options.

Found some more info on signing in using a phone number for an existing Microsoft account:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.