Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
FYI, NVIDIA off-site here with 75+ employees just use windows defender with (VPN) and no issues at all.
AGREE, with one additionMicrosoft Defender Antivirus
+ No Ads
+ No upgrade banners
+ No Subscription messages
+ No Sponsored or Bundled software
+No "hacks" required
Enjoy.
+ No Ads
You are starting the unnecessary fight (again) by generalizing your bad experience with WD and saying untrue statements about people's opinions. Did not you learn anything from the other thread?Anything is faster than Windows Defender. But that's hugely unpopular "opinion" around here because praise the lord Windows Defender.
Some of your statements ("SmartScreen just bluntly checking URLs", "zero behavior blocking") are not true and can be understood by some members as bashing WD (or Windows built-in protection). Please learn more about WD instead of repeating misguiding information. Furthermore, this thread is not about which AV is the worst, but about which AV is the best....
Also WD has no web scanning apart from SmartScreen just bluntly checking URL's if they are malicious and it also has zero behavior blocking. If anyone has ever seen it actually showcase it and even detect anything with it, make sure to document it because it'll be in the archive of "super rare sightings".
Every forum has its unwritten rules, in this one, do not dare to bash WD. In tenforums, do not dare to say anything bad against Windows 10 in general.But that's hugely unpopular "opinion" around here because praise the lord Windows Defender.
I would like to extend the rules a little.Every forum has its unwritten rules, in this one, do not dare to bash WD. In tenforums, do not dare to say anything bad against Windows 10 in general.
Either get along with it or get lost. It is pretty simple, one of the reasons I left Wilders, but I have learnt to get along with it and I try to avoid topics like that.
Every forum has its unwritten rules, in this one, do not dare to bash WD. In tenforums, do not dare to say anything bad against Windows 10 in general.
Either get along with it or get lost. It is pretty simple, one of the reasons I left Wilders, but I have learnt to get along with it and I try to avoid topics like that.
It doesn't have a traditional behavior blocker but it does have behavioral signatures which can catch threats post execution based on behavior.it also has zero behavior blocking. If anyone has ever seen it actually showcase it and even detect anything with it, make sure to document it because it'll be in the archive of "super rare sightings".
Agreed! All anecdotal evidence may say is that a specific AV can be problematic for one person or small sample size, or good for one person or small sample size. It can be helpful, but is not the whole picture. If we keep this perspective discussions may be useful.I would like to extend the rules a little.
"Do not dare to bash any AV", especially by generalizing your own experience and denying the experience of other people.
Insisting that my truth is better than your truth, on the base of my truth only, should be forbidden.
Anything is faster than Windows Defender. But that's hugely unpopular "opinion" around here because praise the lord Windows Defender.
Every forum has its unwritten rules, in this one, do not dare to bash WD. In tenforums, do not dare to say anything bad against Windows 10 in general.
Either get along with it or get lost. It is pretty simple, one of the reasons I left Wilders, but I have learnt to get along with it and I try to avoid topics like that.
I will add it after agreeingEnjoy.
I think this word is also a valid opinion for the reputation of the latest build of Windows.There may be unwritten rules on any forum, but I don't think there's one here about WD. There are plenty of people here who use it without issues and there's others here who have had issues. The same can be said for any product. The problem here isn't that there's an unwritten rule, its just we have some who just want to ignore the experiences of others and expect everyone to assume that their experience is the correct one.
FYI, NVIDIA off-site here with 75+ employees just use windows defender with (VPN) and no issues at all. And I read so many articles stating windows defender (2020) is all you really need and just be careful on what you are opening.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes