The Best Authenticator Apps for iPhone and Android

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Ok i might replace it with 2FAS Auth soon as some iOS users use 2FAS more then ente Auth that's what i've been searching on the internet.

edit
well I use my yubikey where I can, but otherwise I've been using Authy on my iPhone, but it seems to be disfavored here, ie, I started using Authy when I was on hiatus from MT, and did not know any better.
😰
I just read about the issue with Authy: "Authy's main strength is multi-device support...which you can enable from the app's settings. I think it has the best interface among 2FA apps. The reason why I mention Authy here [not recommended list], and not in the primary list above is because its parent company, Twilio, suffered a data breach last year. Authy uses end-to-end encryption, in theory it should have protected the user's data. The company mentioned in its report that only 93 authy users (out of 75 million) who had additional devices registered to their account were affected by the breach attack." Maybe I should stop using Authy, but so far it has not failed me Is is safe?

@simmerskool You have to replace it ASAP it's not easy to remove 2FA from your website list what you added to Authy and add 2FA again on your future 2FA app as Microsoft? 2FAS? ente? you are using iPhone right..

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Ok i might replace it with 2FAS Auth soon as some iOS users use 2FAS more then ente Auth that's what i've been searching on the internet.

edit

@simmerskool You have to replace it ASAP ? you are using iPhone right..
I'm a tad out of focus reference "replace authy asap"? Apparently it has 75 million users, they claim data encrypted in any event, and the article that was rating 2fa, only said that they did not put authy in top tier due to twillo breach, but not that it had to be replaced. :unsure: Article said of the 75M users only 94 individuals might had had a real security issue. Appreciate your comment but I need to study this a little more... Typcially I do err on the side of security. So this is an issue, which I was not aware of until yesterday reading this thread. thanks.

Reactions: CyberTech

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.