Advice Request The best browser to watch stream?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kiss

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Good morning everyone, I don't know if this is the right place for my doubts, I would like to know what would be the best browser to watch stream? Could someone with your experience or some study proving which would be the best? I want a browser that is fast, does not crash while watching and gives me the best image quality, I use a 4K monitor, and yes I have a super fast internet (600MB). Thanks to everyone who can help me. :)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Good morning everyone, I don't know if this is the right place for my doubts, I would like to know what would be the best browser to watch stream? Could someone with your experience or some study proving which would be the best? I want a browser that is fast, does not crash while watching and gives me the best image quality, I use a 4K monitor, and yes I have a super fast internet (600MB). Thanks to everyone who can help me. :)
According to Stream:
Microsoft Stream supports Microsoft Edge and the current versions of Chrome and Safari.
So that limits your options on Windows to Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
I suggest you try both and let us know your findings.

Kiss

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
According to Stream:

So that limits your options on Windows to Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
I suggest you try both and let us know your findings.
Hi, I mean watch streamer and not stream, I want to watch Netflix, HBO Max, live football, F1 live, live TV channels and etc and etc, a browser that is well optimized for that and gives me the best image and audio possible, but thanks for trying to help.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hi, I mean watch streamer and not stream, I want to watch Netflix, HBO Max, live football, F1 live, live TV channels and etc and etc, a browser that is well optimized for that and gives me the best image and audio possible, but thanks for trying to help.
Okay, I think the best option is like @Local Host mentioned Microsoft Edge.
But, others have mentioned before that video's look better in Mozilla Firefox.
I would try those two and see which one works best for you.

L

Local Host

Okay, I think the best option is like @Local Host mentioned Microsoft Edge.
But, others have mentioned before that video's look better in Mozilla Firefox.
I would try those two and see which one works best for you.
Firefox is limited to 720p, so I doubt it has better quality than Microsoft Edge that has exclusive 4K support on Netflix.

Which is why I said is the best option, not even Chrome supports 4K on Netflix.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Personal, I always in first hand use the respective apps if available as those normally have the best built in features and settings over any browser. Second choice is my personal main browser, Opera. It's pop out player with for example a volume control works great.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Just a tip, if you what to see any service widout any VPN , and really easy, just install this extension in any chromium ( I don't believe until I tested):
If you have te service you can see the USA version.

StreamLocator Geo-unblocking by The Experts

My IP is from Algeria in this moment because I am using a VPN:

1637698854615.png

1637698943130.png

1637699097727.png

Reactions: Nevi

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
That's for Firefox according to @SeriousHoax
That's for images only. Image rendering is terrible in all Chromium browsers. All AMD APU's (and just a few others) are affected in Chromium browsers in case of video rendering. Both problem have semi workarounds.
About what the OP asked, old Edge I think had the best video quality for streaming sites and as suggested by some other members above currently it looks like MS Edge is the best option.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
That's for images only. Image rendering is terrible in all Chromium browsers. All AMD APU's (and just a few others) are affected in Chromium browsers in case of video rendering. Both problem have semi workarounds.
About what the OP asked, old Edge I think had the best video quality for streaming sites and as suggested by some other members above currently it looks like MS Edge is the best option.
There is a new option with the latest version of Edge:
Enhance images in Microsoft Edge
Schermafbeelding 2021-11-24 141536.jpg
Now the best browser for video and images?

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I was watching a Tool concert on YouTube yesterday with Chrome, I remembered this question yesterday. So I switched to Firefox just to see if there was a difference in quality of picture, and there was Firefox was much clearer. I was quite surprised, and made Firefox my default browser.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
There is a new option with the latest version of Edge:

View attachment 262179
Now the best browser for video and images?
This doesn't make any noticeable difference in my experience, so far. So no, image quality is still much worse than Firefox.
I'm subscribed to the bug report on bugs(.)chromium, so I always get an email notification whenever there's a comment on that bug. I'll share on the forum whenever they fix this 6 year old bug.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.