Expired The Essentials of Information Security Kit: Includes a Free PC Security Handbook - 2nd Edition

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.tradepub.com/free/w_bund20/prgm.cgi
How to get a license
-Visit The Giveaway Page & Fill up The Forum (Your Name,Email,Job etc)

irfanuas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Mar 15, 2019
tHG6pog.jpg

Download this kit to learn everything you need to know about Information Security.
The Essentials of Information Security brings together the latest in information, coverage of important developments, and expert commentary to help with your Information Security related decisions.

The following kit contents will help you get the most out of your Information Security research:
  • PC Security Handbook - 2nd Edition
  • Maximize the Return on Your Data Investment
  • Gartner's Market Guide for Data Center and Network Third-Party Hardware Maintenance
  • Brand Protection for Social Media

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
It contains 4 resources:

PC Security Handbook
Quickly downloaded. No need to read it, just remember the Contents.

Contents

Introduction.........................................................................................2
Notational Conventions......................................................................2
Security 101 ........................................................................................2
Defensive Computing..........................................................................5
How to Avoid Malware .......................................................................5
Keep Your Operating System up to Date ........................................5
Keep Your Browser and Flash up to Date........................................6
Keep Installed Software up to Date ................................................8
Keep Security Software up to Date .................................................9
Install Good Antimalware...............................................................12
Download free Software Only from Sites You Know and Trust .....22
Test Suspicious Software in a Virtual Environment ......................24

How to Protect Your Data..................................................................27
Prevent Unauthorized Access to Your Computer ..........................27 (Account with password, computer lock)
Protect Your Data from Hardware Failure/Data Corruption ...........29 (Backups)
What Next? ........................................................................................35
About this Handbook.........................................................................35

Very simple & basic book from the year 2010.:)

Last edited:

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
I agree. Covering basics goes a long way. In past I used everything (antiexes, HIPSs, sandoxes, SRP...). All those "advanced" defenses never saved me from actual intrusion, so at the end I decided to go with basics.
For me those basics are: backup, updates, antimalware, content blocker and safe computing habits.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I agree. Covering basics goes a long way. In past I used everything (antiexes, HIPSs, sandoxes, SRP...). All those "advanced" defenses never saved me from actual intrusion, so at the end I decided to go with basics.
For me those basics are: backup, updates, antimalware, content blocker and safe computing habits.
After ransomware evolving i would say backup is first defense and decrease the risk a lot. always defense of depth with multilayer security is very important
ransomware evolving make most antimalware solutions useless and backup is the most important defense line

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.