The price of NSBU is predictable or unpredictable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I find that Norton changes the prices of its products frequently.
For example, the regular price of norton security with backup (NSBU) is $89.99.
However, sometimes Norton will give a discount such that you can buy NSBU with $49.99.
I hear that sometimes the price of NSBU is adjusted to $39.99.

The problem is that I cannot find any announcement of discount in the official site or any third-party site.
It seems that the discount is just ... a random event?
Could anyone predict that when the price of NSBU goes down to $39.99 again?:p

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Have you installed the trial? Some days before the expiration you will get a pop-up from Norton asking you to purchase it with a huge discount. 2 years ago I got a 3 user NIS license for 29,99 this way. ;)

Reactions: Online_Sword

Online_Sword

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Have you installed the trial? Some days before the expiration you will get a pop-up from Norton asking you to purchase it with a huge discount. 2 years ago I got a 3 user NIS license for 29,99 this way. ;)

Thank you for your information.:)
But it seems that I cannot utilize this method.
The problem is that Norton have not published ns/nsbu in Asia (except Japan, but I am in China).
It renders that the pop-up from the trail version of ns/nsbu will redirect me to the Chinese site of Norton, which only sells nav/nis/n360 but no ns/nsbu...

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
It renders that the pop-up from the trail version of ns/nsbu will redirect me to the Chinese site of Norton, which only sells nav/nis/n360 but no ns/nsbu...
They aren't even selling the new one on Taobao as far as I could see, that's amazing... :eek:
There are quite a large number of key "resellers" with Norton keys in stock but I'm still not sure if they are selling the new Norton keys or the "old" ones, so I would try to buy it on ebay for cheap with the paypal purchase protection and try your luck.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
They aren't even selling the new one on Taobao as far as I could see, that's amazing... :eek:
There are quite a large number of key "resellers" with Norton keys in stock but I'm still not sure if they are selling the new Norton keys or the "old" ones, so I would try to buy it on ebay for cheap with the paypal purchase protection and try your luck.

Thank you for your suggestion!:)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes it can be a random intervals at all, since there are so many license key which are sale and update from many shopping sites everyday especially when its limited stocks. Norton will provide official promo from their website if they want too.

Example is like this: http://softwarecoupons.com/shop/symantec/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you tried the Norton Support Forums for assistance in regards to upgrading to Norton Security with Backup, for your region?

See what the Sales team suggest.

As far as I know, Norton Antivirus, Internet Security and 360 licence keys do not work on the New Norton Security 2015 products.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Have you tried the Norton Support Forums for assistance in regards to upgrading to Norton Security with Backup, for your region?

As far as I know, Norton Antivirus, Internet Security and 360 licence keys do not work on the New Norton Security 2015 products.

Some products actually do convert the key to a newer version if your "subs" period overlaps a new release.
Because some products you can only buy a key for that particular version which means if you buy product 1.0 and 1.1 comes out then you are usually stuffed.
But some keys are being sold by Sym and Nort.. that allow upgrade to newer versions either for free or against a heavy reduced price.
For example my SEP keys got upgraded to the newest version for free. Also most of my other Norton products get updated for a tiny fee.
Last time i did pay around 10 euro's for 5 keys... now that's what i call a discount.
But i think it has also to do with the region you are in and how long you are a client.

Cheers

Online_Sword

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Yes it can be a random intervals at all, since there are so many license key which are sale and update from many shopping sites everyday especially when its limited stocks. Norton will provide official promo from their website if they want too.

Example is like this: http://softwarecoupons.com/shop/symantec/

Thank you very much for the promo site.
I have added this url to the folder of favorites.:D

Online_Sword

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015

Some products actually do convert the key to a newer version if your "subs" period overlaps a new release.
Because some products you can only buy a key for that particular version which means if you buy product 1.0 and 1.1 comes out then you are usually stuffed.
But some keys are being sold by Sym and Nort.. that allow upgrade to newer versions either for free or against a heavy reduced price.
For example my SEP keys got upgraded to the newest version for free. Also most of my other Norton products get updated for a tiny fee.
Last time i did pay around 10 euro's for 5 keys... now that's what i call a discount.
But i think it has also to do with the region you are in and how long you are a client.

Cheers

Thanks for all your comments.
The problem is that I am not an "old" user of norton.
In fact, I started my trail of NSBU only several weeks ago.
Therefore, I have no in-use license of old versions of norton to upgrade.
And I do not think that the customer service of Symantec could help me to transform a newly bought license of the old versions to a license of NS/NSBU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.